Question

Student
Guardian2474
Message 1 of 4 (117 Views)

Printer problem

Have " Printer Failure" message, I have tried all the basic stuff but nothing is working

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (101 Views)

Re: Printer problem

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
rah7021
Message 3 of 4 (97 Views)

Bob,

Printer wouldn't print stating black toner cartidge had "expired". Bought a replacement and installed.

Tried printing and nothing happened. Ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor and it found the printer, ran diagnostics and attempted to print test page, nothing happened. Docs loaded up in the que and printer says "off-line".

Ran HP Network Configuation Page from printer and it identifies my network.

- Running wireless Lan

- Windows 7

- HP Photosmart 6180. Test pages run/printed from the printer appear fine and no error messages on machine.

- Deleted docs in que, rebooted laptop a few times and turned on/off printer and disconnected the power cord from printer......still nothing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (62 Views)

Check the IP address reported on the printer page - is it in the same range as the IP address on your PC?  For example, the printer might be 192.168.1.107 while the PC is 192.168.1.102.  The first three sets of numbers should be the same for a home network.  

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation