Question

Student
atleson
Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

Printer produces blank pages----officejet 6500 E709A

the printer no longer prints out text, and printer and copier produce only blank pages.  I followed all the normal steps, ink is full, turned off and on, etc.  BUT when i test the color and other tests, lovely color pages are produced, so printer is in contact with computer, and color is produced---but not normal text.

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)

Re: Printer produces blank pages----officejet 6500 E709A

Hi atleson,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that your printer is experiencing a problem with printing blank sheets. I would be happy to help you!

When you make a black and white copy from the 6500, do blank sheets print out?

Please follow this document on how the Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. If you have covered all steps in this document and the printer still does not print out any black ink, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation