03-19-2014 01:00 PM
the printer no longer prints out text, and printer and copier produce only blank pages. I followed all the normal steps, ink is full, turned off and on, etc. BUT when i test the color and other tests, lovely color pages are produced, so printer is in contact with computer, and color is produced---but not normal text.
03-21-2014 10:33 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I see that your printer is experiencing a problem with printing blank sheets. I would be happy to help you!
When you make a black and white copy from the 6500, do blank sheets print out?
Please follow this document on how the Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. If you have covered all steps in this document and the printer still does not print out any black ink, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series