Question

Honor Student
Kate_920
Message 1 of 9 (5,832 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer won't print in color

I have an HP Officejet 6500A Plus All in One wireless printer that has stopped printing in color.  I've changed all three color cartridges and have uninstalled/reinstalled the printer.  Grayscale is turned off, but the printer still won't print in color.  Does anyone have an idea of what else I can try?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 9 (5,820 Views)

Re: Printer won't print in color

Hi Kate,

Here is a link to some great troubleshooting you can do that should help narrow down/resolve your issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02455482&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Kate_920
Message 3 of 9 (5,815 Views)

I did everything in the link you provided up through the alignment process, which failed.  This printer is only six months old, and I rarely print in color.  Would removing the cartridge holder and cleaning the contacts help?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 9 (5,807 Views)

It is possible, yes. However, I would recommend calling support since the printer is only 6 months old (and should be under warranty).

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
scomar1
Message 5 of 9 (5,687 Views)

Kate_920 wrote:

I have an HP Officejet 6500A Plus All in One wireless printer that has stopped printing in color.  I've changed all three color cartridges and have uninstalled/reinstalled the printer.  Grayscale is turned off, but the printer still won't print in color.  Does anyone have an idea of what else I can try?

Honor Student
Kate_920
Message 6 of 9 (5,679 Views)

After working with technical support, it was determined that a new cartridge holder was required.  It was sent immediately and installed with no problem.

Student
efoisy
Message 7 of 9 (2,637 Views)

I just bought a Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-one-series printer and can't get any of the colors to print. The black prints fine.

Please help?

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 8 of 9 (2,559 Views)

Hello efoisy.

I understand your Deskjet 3520 is not printing any color ink. Please refer to this HP document that could resolve your issue: Common Print Quality Problems.

Please inform me your troubleshooting steps and if this document resolved your issue.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Ashley

I worked on behalf of HP.
Student
splace
Message 9 of 9 (1,477 Views)

Hi,

I am not getting my printer to work with the color palette, it is only printing in black & white. Could someone help me reset or give me some steps to switch this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation