Printer won't print in color (4943 Views)
Honor Student
Kate_920
Message 1 of 9 (4,943 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer won't print in color

I have an HP Officejet 6500A Plus All in One wireless printer that has stopped printing in color.  I've changed all three color cartridges and have uninstalled/reinstalled the printer.  Grayscale is turned off, but the printer still won't print in color.  Does anyone have an idea of what else I can try?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 9 (4,931 Views)

Re: Printer won't print in color

Hi Kate,

Here is a link to some great troubleshooting you can do that should help narrow down/resolve your issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02455482&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Kate_920
Message 3 of 9 (4,926 Views)

I did everything in the link you provided up through the alignment process, which failed.  This printer is only six months old, and I rarely print in color.  Would removing the cartridge holder and cleaning the contacts help?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 9 (4,918 Views)

It is possible, yes. However, I would recommend calling support since the printer is only 6 months old (and should be under warranty).

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
scomar1
Message 5 of 9 (4,798 Views)

Kate_920 wrote:

I have an HP Officejet 6500A Plus All in One wireless printer that has stopped printing in color.  I've changed all three color cartridges and have uninstalled/reinstalled the printer.  Grayscale is turned off, but the printer still won't print in color.  Does anyone have an idea of what else I can try?

Honor Student
Kate_920
Message 6 of 9 (4,790 Views)

After working with technical support, it was determined that a new cartridge holder was required.  It was sent immediately and installed with no problem.

Student
efoisy
Message 7 of 9 (1,748 Views)

I just bought a Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-one-series printer and can't get any of the colors to print. The black prints fine.

Please help?

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 8 of 9 (1,670 Views)

Hello efoisy.

I understand your Deskjet 3520 is not printing any color ink. Please refer to this HP document that could resolve your issue: Common Print Quality Problems.

Please inform me your troubleshooting steps and if this document resolved your issue.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Ashley

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Student
splace
Message 9 of 9 (588 Views)

Hi,

I am not getting my printer to work with the color palette, it is only printing in black & white. Could someone help me reset or give me some steps to switch this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation