03-23-2013 07:43 AM
I was having issues with printing on my HP Officejet Pro L7590 and replaced the black/yellow printhead about 3 weeks ago. After that, the printer worked great and I was able to print without any issues.
Now, the printer is saying, "The folowing printhead(s) has a problem: black/yellow [K/Y].
I've looked online and have followed directions from HP on cleaning the printhead while the printer is unplugged, etc. But nothing has helped.
Is there anything else I can do? It's still a new printhead (I didn't do that much printing when I installed it three weeks ago that would have used it up).
03-23-2013 10:18 AM
Hi there PinotTheCat, if you've done the online troubleshooting then I'd suggest contacting HP phone support as you may require a replacement.
Please let me know how you get on
Limited warranty for inkjet cartridges and printheads
05-30-2013 01:31 PM
Do you mean you changed the print heads and not the cartridges? (Sorry for being stupid and having to ask)
I just damaged the printheads on my printer when I removed a paper jam and now black is not making an appearence on the paper every second 2 lines of text. Can this be fixed by replacing the print head? Where would I get a print head?
I tried cleaning the printhead but it did not improve the situation.
Would love to hear how you got on if you have the time.
05-30-2013 04:10 PM
Alright, first here is a site that you can use to find your different avenues of support, contacting a phone representative would be the best way of getting a replacement print-head sent to you if it is under warranty :
Additionally, there is an interesting post made by one of our forum participants about the steps you can take to manually clean the print-head by soaking it in water. Here is a link to that information :
Let me know how that goes and I will get right back with you!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series