Question

Tutor
NicBaLCA
Message 1 of 7 (911 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printing Custom Envelopes

I have a C4500 series and I am trying to print on No. 6 3/4 envelopes (3 5/8" x 6 1/2"). I am printing from a Mac in pages. I had no problem printing on No. 10 envelopes. I have the page setup to the custom size. When I try to print on the No. 6 3/4 envelopes I get an error message: 

Paper Size Error: The specified custom paper size is not supported in the selected tray.

How can I print on these envelopes?

Master's Graduate
mtbaughs
Message 2 of 7 (908 Views)

Re: Printing Custom Envelopes

Is there an option for that specific size that is not custom? If so, try selecting that and printing

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
Tutor
NicBaLCA
Message 3 of 7 (906 Views)

No. I had to use custom settings as this envelope is not a preset.

Master's Graduate
mtbaughs
Message 4 of 7 (900 Views)

Have you tried this with just one envelope? If you edit the custom size slightly and print does it still report the error? Do you have teh full driver installed on the MAC?

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
Tutor
NicBaLCA
Message 5 of 7 (897 Views)

I tried all of those solutions and none worked.

Tutor
NicBaLCA
Message 6 of 7 (895 Views)

I figured it out. You actually have to choose the page in landscape and then reverse the envelope dimensions.

Top Student
oldmoo
Message 7 of 7 (283 Views)

It works!

Now if I could figure out how to add the bar code like my old printer did.

Thanks very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation