11-30-2013 06:57 PM
I'm printing on half-size paper 5.5 by 8.5 inches. The text is centered on the paper in portrait mode.
In Office 2010 the size is "Custom".
In HP Printer Assistant the size is "Statement".
When I place the paper in the print feed, narrow end first, I adjust the paper guide. The two sides move towards the center to fit the 5.5 width of the paper.
When I print, the print is off-center. The print is off the left side of the paper and there is about a 2-inch margin on the right.
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. The Print and Scan Doctor says I have the latest driver.
This must be a bug. Is there a work-around?
12-03-2013 02:55 PM
The supported paper sizes for the Officejet 6700 Premium are listed below
- U.S. Letter: 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)
- U.S. Legal: 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14 inches)
- A4: 210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)
- 216 x 330 mm (8.5 x 13.0 inches)
- U.S. Executive: 184 x 267 mm (7.25 x 10.5 inches)
- U.S. Statement: 140 x 216 mm (5.5 x 8.5 inches)
- B5 (JIS): 182 x 257 mm (7.17 x 10.12 inches)
- A5: 148 x 210 mm; (5.8 x 8.3 inches)
- 152 x 203 mm (6.0 x 8.0 inches)*
- U.S. Government*
- 102 x 203 mm (4.0 x 8.0 inches)*
- Borderless A4: 210 x 297 mm; (8.3 x 11.7 inches)
- Borderless A5: 148 x 210 mm; (5.8 x 8.3 inches)
- Borderless B5 (JIS): 176 x 250 mm; (6.9 x 9.8 inches)
Custom-sized media are only supported in Mac OS X
- 76 to 216 mm (3.0 to 8.5 inches) wide and 127 to 356 mm (5.0 to 14.0 inches) long
With this being said, I would suggest you try using an alternate driver, follow instructions as listed below.
1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Click on Devices and Printers.
3. Right-click on your printer.
4. Select Printer Properties.
5. Click on the Advanced tab.
6. Click on New Driver.
7. Click Next.
8. Select HP from the first list.
9. Select Deskjet 990c or the Deskjet 9800 from the second list.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Finish.
12. Click Apply.
13. Click OK to close the window.
Please let me know if using one of these drivers allows you to perform the task at hand.
Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Please also consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post helped solve your issue, it will help others find a solution.
Sunshyn2005 - I work on behalf of HP
12-04-2013 04:39 PM
I didn't download the drivers that are for different models than my printer. I was afraid of what changes they might make to my printer.
I did use the info you provided. You mentioned A5 paper which is almost the same size as I wanted, so I cut my regular paper to that size and it works fine.
I'm upset that HP would allow the half size of A4 (the A5) but will not allow the half size of the US standard letter-size paper.
I have been a long-time user of HP printers. My previous one didn't last as long as I thought it should, but I still went directly to an HP printer to replace it. Please know that in the future I will research printers rather than going directly to HP. The previous one did not serve me as well as it should have and the current one is not serving my needs.
I appreciate the help that you gave me but I'm sorry that it had to be a workaround to a defect. I hope someone will let me know when there is a new driver for the 6700 that will fix this defect.