Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I get an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 all-in-one printer to print on index card-sized plain paper as well as card stock? Every time I try I get back an error message that there is a mismatch with either the size or type of paper.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Dog55,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

According to your post, you are trying to print index card-sized plain paper and card stock with your HP Officejet 8600, and that you are getting a paper mismatch error. I am happy to help you with this printing issue!

For further assistance, I will need to know some more information:

• If you are using a Windows or Mac Operating System, and the version number. To find the exact version, visit this link. Whatsmyos.
  • The type/size/weight of the paper you are using.

In the meantime, please take a look through this paper mismatch guide. 'Paper Mismatch,' or 'Paper Size Mismatch' Error Message Displays When Printing.

Hope to hear from you, and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi, RnRMusicMan -

My operating system is Windows 7 64-bit. The type of paper I am using for these special print jobs is either card stock (similar to the weight of your typical business card, maybe a little heavier) or regular paper, which I use for test printing purposes before running the card stock through the printer. There are several sizes I would like to print on, 5 3/8" x 4 1/4", and 4 1/2" x 4". Anything else you need?

Thanks,

Dog55 

HP Recommended

Hi Dog55,

I believe those card sizes are not supported by this printer. According to your printer's specifications found at this website. HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Series Printer Series (N911) Product Specifications. Select paper-handling specifications, and then supported cards.

What I would recommend, is to assign an alternate print driver, by visiting this post, How to Assign Alternate Print Drivers in Different Versions of Windows, by @Shane_R. Then after, try a custom print, by visiting this paper mismatch guide, 'Paper Mismatch,' or 'Paper Size Mismatch' Error Message Displays When Printing. Select Windows, then printing on custom-sized paper.

Hope this information helps you, and have a great day! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.