Question

Honor Student
FredWal
Message 1 of 4 (133 Views)

Printing "demo page" every time

My HP Laserjet P1102w has been printing an unwanted copy of the "demo page" once in a while, but now it seems to be happening almost every time!  Any ideas how to turn this OFF?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 4 (117 Views)

Re: Printing "demo page" every time

Sorry that you are having a issue with the "demo page" printing. Do you mean (status report about the printer)?

Try to perform a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. Leave it out for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

Also reboot your computer. It may be something that the printer is still trying to print and a communication issue causing it to print demo page. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
FredWal
Message 3 of 4 (107 Views)

No, it's more like an advertisement, with a picture of the printer and some ad copy.

I've noticed that the problem happens more frequently when I check the "Print on both sides" option.

Hard reset had no effect.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 4 (105 Views)

So, this happens only when you print on both sides?

Try to uninstall and re-install the software and drivers and see if it give you the same results. 

Are you connected USB or wireless?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation