Question

Tutor
Chiltipin
Message 1 of 3 (190 Views)

Prints Large Black Bands Off Edge of Page

My Officejet 7310 passes every test I can find on the printer's control panel and the HP Print and Scan Doctor says everything is fine.  When I printed from the PC I was occasionally getting some solid black bands across the page.  Sometimes there were also some small blocks of solid colors somewhere on the page.  This usually occured when printing very long documents.  This has gotten progressively worse.  Now it happens on every page, even when making copies with the PC turned off.  Can a printer have a virus?  Please help!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: Prints Large Black Bands Off Edge of Page

Hi there ,

This article should cover the issue you are experiencing. Give the steps outlined a shot and let us know if it helps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00242763&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Tutor
Chiltipin
Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)

Re: Prints Large Black Bands Off Edge of Page

That's not it at all.  It is printing wide black bands, about 3/8" wide, horizontally across the page where there should be no ink.  Sometimes they begin with a narrow block of cyan and end with a narrow block of magenta.  Sometimes there are bars of all the colors mixed in, but the bands are almost always this same width and horizontally across the page.  They are actually a very dark grey.  You can read the underlying text.  But it is extra ink, not missing ink!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation