Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello, I have problem with my LaserJet. Error 49.38.11 is displayed on the printer and he repeatedly reloaded. Can you help me with it?

P.S. This thread has been moved from LaserJet to Multifunction and All-in-One - HP Forums Moderator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Possibly a 'corrupt' print job containing badly-formatted PCL which the formatter can't deal with.

If you disconnect the printer from the network and USB (whichever is applicable), then poweer-cycle the device, does the same thing happen?

if it does, this would imply a fault with the printer.

If not, it implies that a rogue print job is being sent to the printer every time it is powered-on, which causes a fatal error in the printer, which reboots itself, and the process then starts all over again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Possibly a 'corrupt' print job containing badly-formatted PCL which the formatter can't deal with.

If you disconnect the printer from the network and USB (whichever is applicable), then poweer-cycle the device, does the same thing happen?

if it does, this would imply a fault with the printer.

If not, it implies that a rogue print job is being sent to the printer every time it is powered-on, which causes a fatal error in the printer, which reboots itself, and the process then starts all over again.

HP Recommended
Thank you very much! :smileyhappy: the problem really was with the incorrect print job.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My company earned from you this brand new HP Laserjet 500mfp m525, but we have problem with it when you modify tray 1 and 2 size into A4, after 2 days it change's itself  into A5 or Custom size and others sizes, than printer begin post some errors like unexpected size in tray 2, then we must modify it again into A4.
Why configuration changing it self? PLEASE HELP.

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem Error Code is 49.38.03

I have restarted the printer several times without success. The error code comes up after the initalization is complete. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended
Did you bother to try what Chris said above. You have a bad print job that is trying to print each time the printer finishes booting and the job causes the error. Disconnect the printer so you only have power. Bet it comes to ready. Plug in the usb or network cable and the error will come back. Go to each computer and delete all print jobs. Now turn on the printer and it will come to ready. Update the firmware to the latest version and all should be ok. In fact you should be able to update the firmware using a usb thumb drive with the printer only connect to power and not to the computer or network.
HP Recommended

Please how do one update the firmware using a usb thumb drive, when the error has taken over the screen.

HP Recommended

Because you are to power off the printer, unplug any data cable (Usb or Lan) and then switch it on to ready mode.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.