Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6835
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Just purchased the Officejet Pro 6835 this April and now the print's screen is showing " Oxc19a0003, There is a problem with the printhead". Had tried hard reset of unplugging th power cord and it's still showin the same error. Cannot find a HP support number I can call or online chat. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Its unfortunate to see this error on a new pritner.

Did the error show up while you were setting up the printer for the first time, before installing ink ? (Yes/No)

Did the error show up while you were setting up the printer for the first time, After installing ink ? (Yes/No)

May i know if you had printed few pages before the error showed up ? ( Yes/ No)

Did the error show up as soon as you powered on the printer ? ( Yes / No )

However, please call HP Tech Support for further assistance.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Its unfortunate to see this error on a new pritner.

Did the error show up while you were setting up the printer for the first time, before installing ink ? (Yes/No)

Did the error show up while you were setting up the printer for the first time, After installing ink ? (Yes/No)

May i know if you had printed few pages before the error showed up ? ( Yes/ No)

Did the error show up as soon as you powered on the printer ? ( Yes / No )

However, please call HP Tech Support for further assistance.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Hi Jabzi,

Thanks for the reply.

The error messages appeared after I had printed out a few pages.

I called the HP support number and they are sending me a brand new replacement printer!

Thank you.

Angie

HP Recommended

The error came up in the middle of a 3 page print

HP Recommended

How do you fix this problem with the printhead?

HP Recommended

i have a Officejet Pro 6830 and i have gone through all the steps to find out why my printhead has a problem (including install new hp ink...I have also cleaned the contacts and jets..still has the same error   Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello jerrywr1, 

Kindly contact HP Tech Support for further assistance. 

I guess printer need to be replaced.

If your printer is Out Of Warranty and if you are in USA, you might be provided with Trade-in option.

If you are in US , the toll free # is 1-800-474-6836 .

If you are not in US , then log on to www.hp.com , at bottom-left corner there is a world map icon, click on it and then select the region you belong to, which would then provide support options for you for that region.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Purchased my HP Officejet Pro 6830 on 8/3/15 and it has operated perfectly. Today when I was printing a 6 page document it gave me the error of problem with printhead Oxc19a0003 - there is a problem with the printhead. I have never had this problem before.

HP Recommended

as I had said in previous note - I have never had this message & it has worked great. Was in middle of printing a 6 page document when I got this message and it quit printing

HP Recommended

I called HP and found there is a defect. My printer was under warranty and HP replaced it.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.