Problems with HP Photosmart Premium C310 going offline (1660 Views)
Tutor
sheldan
Message 1 of 3 (1,660 Views)

Problems with HP Photosmart Premium C310 going offline

I am trying this again, as I am still having the same problem.

Every so often, my HP Photosmart Premium C310 all-in-one printer goes offline.  Sometimes the "Use Printer Offline" option is checked (although I did not check it), but now I am having trouble bringing it online again.

When I tried to send documents to the printer, I get a "Document Failed to Print" error and the documents remain in the queue.  I have plugged the printer directly into the wall, and the other end is attached to the printer.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software and that gets results, but not for long.

One way I know something is wrong is when the printer's screen is blank but I cannot "wake up" the printer by tapping on it.  I cannot turn it off and on by pressing the power buttion.

I can get the printer to print again by unplugging and plugging in the power cord, but I should not have to do this each time I have this problem.  Can someone suggest a way to solve this problem?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 3 (1,646 Views)

Re: Problems with HP Photosmart Premium C310 going offline

I hate sleep mode problems.  There is one last thing you can try to remedy the problem, try updating the firmware.  The link below will take you to a the instructions for updating the frimware.  If that doesn't work, you either need to replace the printer, or keep disconnecting and reconnecting the power when this happens.  If the printer is in warranty, HP should replace it for this problem.  You can reach tech support to find out at 1-800-474-6836 in the US or Canada, international users click here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02832324&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4231205&tmp...

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
thekidinboston
Message 3 of 3 (1,594 Views)

Re: Problems with HP Photosmart Premium C310 going offline

I was able to solve the issue by removing the printer from Printers and Devices and reinstalling it.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation