09-10-2012 03:55 PM
I am trying this again, as I am still having the same problem.
Every so often, my HP Photosmart Premium C310 all-in-one printer goes offline. Sometimes the "Use Printer Offline" option is checked (although I did not check it), but now I am having trouble bringing it online again.
When I tried to send documents to the printer, I get a "Document Failed to Print" error and the documents remain in the queue. I have plugged the printer directly into the wall, and the other end is attached to the printer. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software and that gets results, but not for long.
One way I know something is wrong is when the printer's screen is blank but I cannot "wake up" the printer by tapping on it. I cannot turn it off and on by pressing the power buttion.
I can get the printer to print again by unplugging and plugging in the power cord, but I should not have to do this each time I have this problem. Can someone suggest a way to solve this problem?
09-11-2012 04:46 PM
I hate sleep mode problems. There is one last thing you can try to remedy the problem, try updating the firmware. The link below will take you to a the instructions for updating the frimware. If that doesn't work, you either need to replace the printer, or keep disconnecting and reconnecting the power when this happens. If the printer is in warranty, HP should replace it for this problem. You can reach tech support to find out at 1-800-474-6836 in the US or Canada, international users click here.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)