Question

Honor Student
Straightarrow
Message 1 of 3 (109 Views)
Accepted Solution

Re: how do i remove the black lines that print when i use my automatic document feeder?

I have an Officejet 6500A Plus.  I only get the double lines when I use the document feeder.  Everything is fine when I use the flat bed.  I have thoroughly cleaned the glass, and it makes no difference.  HELP!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: how do i remove the black lines that print when i use my automatic document feeder?

The ADF scanner glass in the Officejet 6500A is a bit more difficult to access, but the video in step three of Solution Two in the document here will show how to clean this area.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Straightarrow
Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)

That did the trick.  Even after washing the glass, I still found 2 specks that were imbedded in the glass.  Was able to remove them with a fingernail, washed the glass again, and I'm back in business.  Thank you so much for your quick response and expert help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation