03-21-2013 01:37 PM
Over the past few weeks all the office printers have developed a red stripe (of varying strength) on the front and or back of the printed page. One I would suspect the printer, two I could put down to bad luck, three different printers I;m starting to think driver software but we have 4 printers now doing this. A HP 5550, a 4650 and two 2600n printers.
Has anyone esle come acroos this priblem? We have obviously cleaned the printer, changed the ink, run the clean utility etc.
03-23-2013 10:16 PM
Okay, if possible, can you provide some details answers to questions regarding the red stripe for the CLJ5550:
- Location on the page- distance from leading edge of the page.
- Does the defect show up on every page? If not, when does it usually show up?
- Is there only one line on each page?
- Is the line parallel to the direction of the paper path?
- Is the color line only magenta toner? Or, is it a combination of magenta and yellow toner?
An image attachment could help.
I work for HP.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)