Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have c6180 that on occasion I turn off at night using on/off button.  Normally it turns back on fine.  Today, I got message that I need to use on/off button and not unplug or turn off strip ( which I never do).  The machine keeps re-booting during start cycle.  I tried pushing # - 6 while plugging in , as suggested by other post.  It seemed to work when turning printer on, but when i tried to print it kept recycling thru start cycle.  Any suggestions.

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I'm afraid the printer may be fried. You can try the steps outlined in the document linked below. If those don't help, try doing a hard reset. If that doesn't work, try doing a partial reset. If none of that is working, you will need to replace the printer.

The HP Printer Won't Turn On or Respond:
http://goo.gl/QBeRH

To do a hard reset:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the printer in and turn it on.

To do a partial reset:
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the power cord inot the wall, but do not plug in the printer.
6. Hold down the 3 and # buttons.
7. While holding the buttons, plug in the printer.
8. When the lights come on, let go of the buttons.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
I'm afraid the printer may be fried. You can try the steps outlined in the document linked below. If those don't help, try doing a hard reset. If that doesn't work, try doing a partial reset. If none of that is working, you will need to replace the printer.

The HP Printer Won't Turn On or Respond:
http://goo.gl/QBeRH

To do a hard reset:
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the printer in and turn it on.

To do a partial reset:
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the power cord inot the wall, but do not plug in the printer.
6. Hold down the 3 and # buttons.
7. While holding the buttons, plug in the printer.
8. When the lights come on, let go of the buttons.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I had to repeat it 3 times but for now everything works fine

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.