SLOW Printer (HP Photsmart C7180 All-in-One) (80 Views)
Student
Myra1
Message 1 of 2 (80 Views)

SLOW Printer (HP Photsmart C7180 All-in-One)

My favourite printer (HP Photsmart C7180 All-in-One) is now a limiting factor in my productivity!  The printing is SOOOO SLOW!!!  Can you help?  I like all the aspects of the printer and it is performing perfectly well apart from its slowness.  I don't want to upgrade to a new printer if I can rectify this one.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 2 (68 Views)

Re: SLOW Printer (HP Photsmart C7180 All-in-One)

Does the printer slowly print both standalone printouts as well as from the computer?  Can you print a self test page from the printer and time how long it takes to print out?

For information on how to print a self test page from the front panel of the printer click here.

When a printer is acting slowly it is important to note if the issue comes from the hardware of the printer or from a connection/software issue with the PC.  There is a document with further steps in troubleshooting a slow printer.  The document helps one determine where the source of the problem lies and walks one through some of the fixes for the issue.

To access the document on slow printing click here.

Let me know how it goes.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation