02-26-2013 12:39 AM
My favourite printer (HP Photsmart C7180 All-in-One) is now a limiting factor in my productivity! The printing is SOOOO SLOW!!! Can you help? I like all the aspects of the printer and it is performing perfectly well apart from its slowness. I don't want to upgrade to a new printer if I can rectify this one.
02-26-2013 03:07 PM
Does the printer slowly print both standalone printouts as well as from the computer? Can you print a self test page from the printer and time how long it takes to print out?
For information on how to print a self test page from the front panel of the printer click here.
When a printer is acting slowly it is important to note if the issue comes from the hardware of the printer or from a connection/software issue with the PC. There is a document with further steps in troubleshooting a slow printer. The document helps one determine where the source of the problem lies and walks one through some of the fixes for the issue.
To access the document on slow printing click here.
Let me know how it goes.
I am not an HP employee.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series