Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can someone please tell me how to set the header and footer settings and save those settings for printing so that I don't have to go into the settings area and make sure that my printer is always selected at "print with borders" which is what seems to make the header and footer always print out on my page.

Also, how do I utiilize the "custom setting" under headers and footers.  I want to divide the date and time on the page and I don't know if I can do that.  That's where I'm wondering if the "custom" area comes into play.

I have the HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-all-in-one printer.

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From what it looks like you created multiple threads on the same topic. While this may get you an answer in a swifter fashion, it deprives other users from contacting us. If you would in the future create only one thread per issue, it will be greatly appreciated. 

As I explained in this post : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/How-to-set-the-Header-and-Footer-Settin...

Those settings are not set through the printer's drivers or software, and instead are part of the program you are using (in the case of the thread I responded to Firefox). 

I hope that you have the information that you needed, and have a great day! 

🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

From what it looks like you created multiple threads on the same topic. While this may get you an answer in a swifter fashion, it deprives other users from contacting us. If you would in the future create only one thread per issue, it will be greatly appreciated. 

As I explained in this post : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/How-to-set-the-Header-and-Footer-Settin...

Those settings are not set through the printer's drivers or software, and instead are part of the program you are using (in the case of the thread I responded to Firefox). 

I hope that you have the information that you needed, and have a great day! 

🙂

HP Recommended

Sorry about the separate postings.

I guess I'm just frustrated because I previously had a Kodak printer and I was able to set my preferences and they were saved regardless of which browser I was using.

The same goes for highlighting an area I want to print and then selecting "selection" on the print page.

I will try the suggestion you offered.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I hope that this works for you, and if it does not I will see what other possible solutions I can find. 

Have a great day! 
🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.