02-13-2013 03:20 PM
Cannot get scan to email to work using gmail settings on M4345 when using ssl. I use these same gmail settings on other manufactures MFP's and they work. Upgraded firmware to latest version to add SSL option. Would like to use SSL option if at all possible.
Port: 465 or 587
using a known good gmail account to authenticate.
When setting are put in the web page and the test button is hit you get back a good result. when you hit the email option on the contro panel the machine hesitates and then comes back with a message cannot find smtp gateway. Have tried this on 2 different machines with same results. Any help would be appreciated.
02-18-2013 11:31 AM
Doesnt sound like SSL email is possible with this model:
Some possible configuration changes to consider:
I'd suggest contacting HP directly for this one to see if there are any official work arounds. At the very least they could suggest to you a replacement model that has the functionality you require.
My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)