02-13-2013 03:20 PM
Cannot get scan to email to work using gmail settings on M4345 when using ssl. I use these same gmail settings on other manufactures MFP's and they work. Upgraded firmware to latest version to add SSL option. Would like to use SSL option if at all possible.
Port: 465 or 587
using a known good gmail account to authenticate.
When setting are put in the web page and the test button is hit you get back a good result. when you hit the email option on the contro panel the machine hesitates and then comes back with a message cannot find smtp gateway. Have tried this on 2 different machines with same results. Any help would be appreciated.
02-18-2013 11:31 AM
Doesnt sound like SSL email is possible with this model:
Some possible configuration changes to consider:
I'd suggest contacting HP directly for this one to see if there are any official work arounds. At the very least they could suggest to you a replacement model that has the functionality you require.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series