03-24-2012 02:03 PM
I have a Photosmart C5280 that used to work fine and prints a print test fine. When I try to print from a scan or from my PC it makes a lot of noise and draws in the paper like normal but then stops and doesn't print and show message " Paper Jam" and then ejects the paper it drew in with no problems at all. I cleaned the rollers on the back and pick up rollers but this didn't help. What can I do? My system is a Windows 7 64bit, Drivers are up to date, was doing nothing different and had used the printer prior to this. Copy scans and prints fine. Photo scans and prints fine too..
03-24-2012 07:04 PM
If you are willing to take another look at that printer, maybe this will help... no shooting the messanger, though... it's just a couple of ideas to consider...
- Reset the printer - takes about a minute - instructions below...
Reset the printer
Here are two kinds:
1) If there is a keypad, turn it off, then on and press # and 6 (keep pressed while turning on printer).
2) No keypad? Unplug while on, leave unplugged 30 seconds to a minute. Plug back in. (Be careful with this one - don't risk shock.)
And... there could be "something" way down deep in there somewhere.. so:
- Pick up the printer and tip it upside down - gently and carefully - and then set it back down. Honest, another member found a button in her printer last month and that's a lot worse than a bit of paper as far as a printer is concerned. Then open the printer, get a flashlight (or a torch, if you are English), and examine every nook and cranny in that printer for lint, bits of paper corners, and hiding scaps. It really doesn't take much paper to mess up a perfectly good day.
Here is the "All Things Jammed and Stuck" document, which covers the "reset" (and not the button caper). Take a look and see if there is anything in there that helps at all.
I hope this helps!
We work hard to help!
When ever you see a Helpful Post - Click the Kudos Star on the Left as Thanks!
Did this Post solve your problem? Mark it “Accept as Solution”!
Note: You can find the “Accept as Solution” box on threads started by you.
2012 Year of the Dragon!
Install your Printer Software!
Look for your Printer’s Software at your printer’s own website!
Software, manuals, alerts, “how-to” information, and much more!
To see if there is software for your printer, Start at: Support and Drivers
03-25-2012 02:35 PM
I had this problem, and everyone said Print Spooler, but when I just plugged my All in One into a different port, it worked fine, old one worn out. ( I'd bought a HubMan. Cute.) Except that I cannot send pictures to Facebook, says HP Instant Share Temporarily Unavailable, or In Use Elsewhere, for days now. There's an option to post to the web, but never heard of the two locations, which I frankly think should include Facebook and other popular sites, and I don't think that works either. I'm the only user of this computer. Using XPHome, SP3, PSC 1310 SERIES, 1315xi, firefox default browser, and AOL, which uses I.E. , downloaded the up-to-date software/drivers direct from HP. I have quite a few pictures scanned in, can send in an email to myself, (to preview how they come out) and the picture is always an attachment. Did a screen shot, and Paint says you can copy/paste from there, but it didn't work either. Tried Facebook using another browser also, I.E. 8. Hope my suggestion helps you and that you can also suggest something for me.
If you ever get a blinking light and it says check cartridge, you just have to change the cartridge that isn't working, if your test page prints in all black, you know it's the color one that needs replacing. They can only be re-inked successfully about 3 times.
11-04-2012 05:24 PM
I have a HP Photosmart 6510. When I try to print anything, it begins the process, the cartridges move across and then it makes a horrific noise. This is followed by a paper jam error. Problem is I've looked everywhere and there is no paper or shreds of paper to be found anywhere. The printer is less than a year old, not used often and covered when not in use. So nothing has erroneously fallen into the printer. I'm ready to give up on HP products.
11-05-2012 12:41 PM
This article has useful troubleshooting for the paper jams you are experiencing. Give the steps a shot and let me know the results:
Best of Luck!
11-05-2012 05:47 PM
I am sorry to hear those steps did not work out for you. After being through the article, the next step would be contacting support for servicing options. You can reach support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://goo.gl/kQDB
Best of Luck!
12-16-2013 11:10 AM
Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.
What operating system are you using?
Here is a document to check your operating system for Windows.
Here is a document to check your operating system for Mac.
Please provide the full name and product number of your printer.
How is the printer connected? (USB/ethernet/wireless)
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series