Question

Honor Student
Greywolf822
Message 1 of 3 (164 Views)

Slow blinking power light

I have read the numerous postings attributed to the power light blinking and my model J110a does the same thing apparently does most of all HP printers and it said this is associated with the printer entering a power saving mode. Well that feature is all good except for those of us who have a homegroup set up and are away from the printer but need to access the printer to print on the run only to find when we get to the printer to retrieve the printed document, it has not printed and you get a message on your mobile device or laptop saying "Error in printing, device not configured " which basically says the device did not receive the print command cause the device itself is in sleep mode. Now most HP printer owners really want to know how to disable this feature in respect to not having it disrupt communications on a mobile network or homegroup set up. A simple yes it can be done or no it cannot be done will suffice for me.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 3 (146 Views)

Re: Slow blinking power light

Hello,

I would suggest doing a hard reset with the unit.

Hard Reset:

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall

Take out the toner/cartridges

Wait 30 sec

Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector)

Insert the toner/cartridges back into the printer

Let me know the outcome

Honor Student
Greywolf822
Message 3 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: Slow blinking power light

Thank you for the operational procedure which is standard and seems to be the primary answer given to all HP printer owners with my problem but I tried that method awhile ago and it is not the solution to a program ( power saving featur ) which is applied to the printer itself as my printer is directly connected to my windows 8 pro desktop and even when my printer goes into power saving mode i can select print from any mode or screen I am in and it activates the printer immediately. The power light will then stay steady for approxiately one whole minute then proceed to the slow blinking which I believe is HP designed power saving feature.

At the point when the printer is in a steady green light I can send a print command from my laptop which is connected via my homegroup network set up and the printer will print, but when the printer goes to the slow blinking mode it will not communicate with any device except my directly connected desktop. That is why again I ask if there is a way to disable the power saving feature embedded in these HP printers so you can communicate with them via network settings or through the homegroup outside of being directly connected to the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation