01-06-2014 12:16 PM
When I try and reinstsall the software for my all in on Laserjet 3390 printer, it fails at a point I have no scanner function. The printer works fine, drivers are installed, fax works, copies, but It can't find any scanner software..because the installation didn't complete. I am handicapped and I need this function desparately. HELP!
01-06-2014 02:10 PM
Chances are your scanning software is corrupted and needs to be cleaned up before attempting another reinstall. Remove as much of the software as you can by running the uninstall tool. Then reboot to shutdown any background services tied to the printer. After that then manually delete any HP folders you can find under C:\Programs and C:\Programsx86. The HP folders are where the scanning files are stored. Download the latest software update for your OS from http://support.hp.com and try again.
If you continue to have problems installing then search your machien for an install log and post it for us to review. HP normally tucks an instll log away under C:\users\<userID>\appdata\local\temp. The file normally starts with hp and end in .log. Organize the folder by date to find it easier.
My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series