Re: Solution for printing issues for network connected printers (202 Views)
Honor Student
Dottij
Message 131 of 143 (295 Views)

Re: Solution for printing issues for network connected printers

New printer.  Cannot connect to the internet.  Will not print from Word.

Honor Student
Dottij
Message 132 of 143 (293 Views)

I've checked and rechecked the connections.  All lis fine.  The printer is now my default one.  I ran the CD.  Don't know what avenue to take now.

Tutor
azism
Message 133 of 143 (279 Views)

VisionAiry wrote:

Then it is important you get the correct driver installed so you can have full functionality of your printer.

Start by using this application:
 --HP Printer Install Wizard--

I hope this helps!

I guess what I did was pretty much what you suggested. I deleted both the USB abd the WiFi connections and reinstalled the printer(s). Now they (it?) are working.

However, I must admit to being really interested in replacing this printer with the OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus Wireless e-All-in-One printer which seems to get great ratings.  :smileywink:

Tom Wills, President
El Gheko Neighborhood Association, Tucson, AZ
Webpage: http://na.elgheko.us
Weather Station http://www.elgheko.us
Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 134 of 143 (277 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Dottij  - I want to be able to help you but I need a little more information.  Are you getting any specific error messages?  How are you trying to install it (USB, Wireless, Ethernet)?  

If you have a Windows 7 or higher PC, try the Printer Install Wizard as well.

@azism  - very glad to hear that!  Ok so the 8600 is just ok.  I mean it could be considered a work horse and to a minor degree, all printers have their flaws.  So here are some of the advantages the 8600 has over my favorite printer the 6700 which also has the same features.  The 8600 yields more ink per page than all the other ink cartridges.  It has a removable printhead so I recommend getting an extended warranty just for that as printheads seem to be disposable (don't last like they used to).  It does have its speed and resolution however it does have a connectivity issue when used as a wireless printer, some software installation problems, and costs more.  I do not really like anything about any of the newer printers except that the Officejet 6700 seems to have been made to last longer and is more affordable.  Regardless which printer you buy (say you buy the cheapest thing on the market), please look into adding a 3 year warranty and do shop around the HP store for that price if a salesman says they can offer you one as well.  Lastly, the information above really only relates to the bad apples of the batch.  Not every printer has problems, just these are the ones associated to this printer.

I hope that helps!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Honor Student
silver59
Message 135 of 143 (243 Views)

how do you reset the spoolers? does this fixthe offline issue?

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 136 of 143 (241 Views)

When you press the Windows Start button, under All Programs is a field where you can search for "services." Type that in which has a gear beside it or you can right click on the word computer and select "Manage Devices" and under the long list of services you will find the Print Spooler. I usually stop it and start it again or just reboot the PC but I honestly doubt it will help with the printer showing offline but it's worth a try I suppose.

Student
CatsMac
Message 137 of 143 (212 Views)

How can I find the administrator password

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 138 of 143 (202 Views)

It depends on if you mean the computer, the printer, the web interface, etc....what model of printer? Try "admin" or "administrator" or "password."

You will find the information below in this link:

"Password behavior
No admin password is set when the device is shipped, which means that the system is unprotected. Any HP EWS user automatically has all admin privileges until a password is set. After a password is set, only the admin and service users have access to the Security page that is used to configure the password. The admin password can be cleared (set to an empty string) to remove the protection from the system and return it to the default configuration.
The service password in a protected system functions in a slightly different way:
No default service password exists (that is, it is empty).
If the service password is empty, you must use the admin password in order to log in.
When it is set, the service password cannot be cleared."

"I understand that you're trying to access your printer's EWS. Try the steps below let me know how it goes.

1. Go to the front panel of your printer.
2. Select the wireless icon on your printer.
3. Select Settings.
4. Scroll and select restore network defaults.
5. Select Ok to restore defaults.
6. Now select wireless and go through the wireless setup wizard.

Try again to access printers EWS. "

Student
pepper1311
Message 139 of 143 (139 Views)

I can e print from iPad and I mac with 10.6 but not from MacBook Pro with 10.9 to laser printer.
Student
amyb6114
Message 140 of 143 (109 Views)

I am running Windows 7, I can print from Word but not when I want to print postage for eBay from Internet Explorer. It shows up in the print queue and then disappears and nothing prints.  I have uploaded HP print and scan doctor and have restarted the computer but nothing is still happening.

Thank you

Amy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation