Question
Solution for printing issues for network connected printers
Replies (142)

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 51 of 143 (1,082 Views)

Re: Solution for printing issues for network connected printers

Thank you for letting me know.  I don't normally make suggestions, I just want to share with you what I read today about the router that doesn't have any problems with network-connected printers.

"How Do I Enable Keep-Alive..."

I have no idea how much it costs, I just wanted to share some customer feedback.  

I hope that helps!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Top Student
sectorbets
Message 52 of 143 (1,053 Views)

Problem solved !!

I bought a Trendnet AC1750 router and everything is perfect.  It cost about $135, so not cheap, but also not expensive.

Much easier than fussing around with other attempts that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't.

Thanks so much for the info.

Honor Student
NHP_DTES
Message 53 of 143 (1,046 Views)

Computer died, got a replacement and no problems since.

Thank you

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 54 of 143 (1,040 Views)

I am very happy to hear in both instances where, although the printer certainly seemed like the culprit, a replacement product external of it fixed this issue for you.  I am happy to help so let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Thank you for coming back to the forums and letting me know what fixed this for you.

Have a great day and thanks a bunch for the Kudos! :smileywink:

Honor Student
anilbc
Message 55 of 143 (1,030 Views)

while trying to share the printer it shows Printer settings could not be saved.Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006dS)

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 56 of 143 (1,024 Views)

What kind of printer do you have?  What is the operating system of the computer you are using?  Where do you see the error message?  

You may just want to turn off your computer and the printer, turn them back on, and try again.  

I hope that helps!

Honor Student
anilbc
Message 57 of 143 (1,014 Views)

connected new HP Laser Jet Pro CP 1525 color printer with computer having Windows7 professional operating system. Printing process successful. But while trying to share the printer ( for giving print commands from another network computer) a popup window  shows "Printer settings could not be saved.Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006dS)". Can you please tell me why

Honor Student
Buildemup
Message 58 of 143 (1,009 Views)

[ Edited ]

System Combination: Windows Vista Home Premium & psc 1315 all in one printer/scanner

The Issue: When printing (the problem only with photo printing) is that the word  "Untitled" is appearing (faintly but visible) diagonally across the face of the photo in the background. I printed a photo from my pictures (it can come from documents, Photo Gallery. Any folder or location) I printed a picture/photo of my wife about a week ago. STILL that word "Untitled"

appears across my wifes face on the photo

I have performed the following solutions to no avail.

(I have deleted all old pictures and rebooted my kodak camera, took a fresh picture and downloaded new photo, printed new photo-Not the problem   Rebooted my HP printer-Not the problem went to my printer default on my Windows Vista PC and set reset default printing- Still getting the word "Untitled" on my photos. )

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 59 of 143 (985 Views)

@anilbc - According to the link below, this is likely a problem with your network configuration such as firewall and security.

Ensure that the computer you are having this problem on is password-protected.  I have encountered that being why this happens in the past.  I hope that helps.

@Buildemup - Seeing Untitled appearing over the printed image strikes me as a computer problem since this is very rare.  The printer does not typically play any part in naming your documents.

Have you tried printing to another printer?  This will determine if this is a problem with the printer or the computer.  If that is not an option, have you uninstalled and re-installed the printer software?  I can provide a link to the most up-to-date drivers if you can tell me if your Windows Vista computer is a 32-bit or 64-bit system.

Honor Student
Buildemup
Message 60 of 143 (982 Views)

Thank you. I did just that, I uninstalled the corrupted software and reinstalled it . Came to me yesterday morning. And it worked.! Thank you so much for the info. I wanted you to know that was the correct solution. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation