Question
Solution for printing issues for network connected printers
Replies (142)

Top Student
sophieclaire
Message 81 of 143 (920 Views)

Re: Solution for printing issues for network connected printers

I want to thank everyone who has been helping this old non-tech lady with my printer problems.  Today I finally got a driver to install and everything is working!

Top Student
sophieclaire
Message 82 of 143 (919 Views)

Thank you for your help.  I finally got the driver to install and everything is working.

Honor Student
alipkok
Message 83 of 143 (912 Views)

Hi , i have a HP LaserJet 500 color M551.The problem is that very often the printer goes offline and does not wake up until i will turn it off/on.In offline mode i cannot ping or check printer settings via a browser.Is that normal ? 

Thanks in advance

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 84 of 143 (900 Views)

That sounds like it could be a problem with your router actually, just based on the information I have that is.  The link below will lead you straight to the best setup for your router.  

--Suggested Router Configurations--

And this link will tell you how to set a static ip in your printer.

--How to Set a Static IP in a LaserJet (see intro for more details)--

To answer your question directly, it is not normal for this to happen but it is common.  Try my two suggestions above and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Student
khetra
Message 85 of 143 (855 Views)

my printer is seems to be offline how can i line on?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 86 of 143 (845 Views)

Hello khetra,

I understand your printer is offline. Can I get a little more information from you?  Please let me know which printer you are using? Click here  for help finding the product number.  Are you getting any other specific error messages on the printer or computer? And how are you connected to the printer? USB or wireless?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
LariT
Message 87 of 143 (836 Views)

I am having issues with my OfficeJet 6600, it keeps giving me an error message of, "Printer Failure: There is a problem with the printer or ink system.  Turn off, then on.  If problem persists, contact HP"  There was no error code given, just this message.   I've done what the printer said, many times over two days, I even changed all my ink cartridges. So, what do I do.  I'm a student and don't have money to spend to get support from you all espcially since I just spent 80 bucks on new ink cartridges.  Can you tell me something I can use to get my printer up and running again without making me pay another 40 bucks!

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 88 of 143 (830 Views)

Hello LariT,

I totally understand your frustration. I would like you to take a look at this document and follow ALL troubleshooting steps mentioned.  Please let me know the outcome. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Socratic1
Message 89 of 143 (690 Views)

win7 64bit w/current updates

HP Photosmart 7515 on wired ethernet

hp solution center software installed on the pc

This is an ongoing continual issue:  Printer is shown as working and ready to use in the HP connection center.  The wireless network test results in "no problems found."  The printer will not print from the Sony VAio laptop - neither from the internet nor from Word, Gmail, etc.  

It's frustrating to have to continually restart all products just to print.

I hope there is help!  Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 90 of 143 (679 Views)

You may benefit from setting a static IP.  Click this link for detailed instructions on how to do that.  You may also find that entire thread useful if that step doesn't help.  Let me know if you need any more assistance or if that fixes it for you.

Always happy to help!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation