Question

Tutor
Tolo
Message 1 of 5 (1,164 Views)
Accepted Solution

Trouble with printing photos on HP PhotoSmart 7520

Operating System Montain Lion 10.8.1

I want to print a couple of black and white photos on plain A4 size paper and every time it prints with bands of approx. 1.5cm wide all the way down the paper in different tonalities of grey/black (e.g. light and darker).

I have Cleaned and aligned the printhead but the problem persists.  Even when I print the Print Quality Diagnostic page, iot shows the same bands on the colour blocks.

This is what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 18.19.46.png

Can someone please help

Many Thanks

Tolo

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 5 (1,116 Views)

Re: Trouble with printing photos on HP PhotoSmart 7520

Hi Tolo,

Thanks for the post.  Good T-shooting BTW.  If we are seeing this type of print quality from an internal diagnostic page, we can eliminate a specific file/SW issue and since the bands are very regular in spacing, I would suspect either the black cartridge (if doing true black grayscale) or the printhead.  Also, ensure you are using genuine HP supplies as re-filled cartridges can also produce this type of defect. Check the below link, it's very thorough but provides some excellent steps for resolving these types of print quality issues and let us know the results.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03369392&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Tutor
Tolo
Message 3 of 5 (1,110 Views)

Hi stix4, many thanks for your reply.

All I have is genuine HP cartridges. I have tried everything (and managed to get through to HP technical Support!!!!)

Had to go into the service menu and proceed with instructions given but the problem persists.

They are sending me a new printer head which I hope will sort the problem.

Once again, many thanks
Honor Student
dghboy1
Message 4 of 5 (842 Views)

How do I get the red out
Honor Student
dghboy1
Message 5 of 5 (841 Views)

How do I get the red out of pictures
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation