Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to turn on/off double sided printing when needed. A chat support tech took control of my computer to make the change for me but she went through so many tabs and settings I couldn't follow. I asked her to tell me how to turn double sided printing back on if I needed it and she said I will show you. She then went through various tabs, settings, clicking onthis and that, obviously in the wrong tab, back to this one and that one until I got thoroughly confused. My older previous HP Printers had a simple command to either select or deselect double side printing. Isn't there an easy way to toggle this option on and off without going through numerous tabs, unchecking this box and then checking that box and then moving on to another tab?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Well this works for Windows 7.

Start/Device and Printers.  Double click your printer.   Select Set Preferences.    Select Print on Both Sides to none or flip on long edge.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I was really excited when I read your solution but then discovered it wasn't the answer. When I double click the printer icon it didn't show the preferences that you described but I did find it under "Printer Properties" however, the only option available was for "manual" two sided printing where you have to print pages and then re-insert them in the printer to print on the other side. I was looking for the automatic (default) duplex printing feature that was turned off by the chat support tech.  I want to be able to activate that feature when necessary so theprinter will automatically print one side, keep the paper and then print the other side.

HP Recommended

PH 6520 is set to print 2 sided. and when we print we get a black sheet. Yes I can go in and uncheck the 2 side option. But printing remotely I am not there to uncheck the 2 side box. 

The first few days that we had the new HP 6520  I do not recall having that problem until I printed one double sided document and now it has defaulted to 2 sided printing. 

In Preferences there is not opption to chose one sided printing.

Now What?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.