10-15-2013 02:02 PM
1. on a 4015, when they print envelopes, the trailing edge gets crinkled. I've looked to see if there is anything in the way but that would affect the leading edge. Any thoughts as to what could be bending up the trailing edge?
2. on a M4345 MFP, they have expensive letterhead in tray 2 and plain paper in tray 3. When tray 3 runs out of paper it goes to tray 2. Paper source is set to automatically select. They claim that that is the setting it has alway been on and that it hasn't done this before. What settings do I need to set it to so that if it runs out of paper it stops until they have refilled the tray?
10-15-2013 03:08 PM
Hello, first off regarding the 4345mfp, for the tray with letterhead paper, is the tray configured to letterhead, plain? Or is it letter, plain. The only thing I can think of is do two things to resolve this issue:
1. Check the tray setting to see if tray 2 is set to letterhead, plain, or letter, plain.
2. Change the "Use Requested Tray" setting from "First", to "Exclusive", this is under the "Configure Device" menu setting I believe.
As for the 4015, are they printing from tray 1? Or from the tray 2? If from tray 2, recommend tray 1. If from tray 1, you can configure the tray by selecting the envelope setting, and the type of envelope. Furthermore, you should also be able to configure the fuser temperature for the envelop setting. Might have to play with the settings a bit to be able to get the best print quality for the envelopes. Keep in mind, each machine is different, some do better envelope prints than others.
Hope this helps.....
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)