Question

Top Student
miles728
Message 1 of 15 (8,995 Views)

Two-Sided printing Problem HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a

I just bought HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a, i can't make it print 2 sided automatically, i tried pdf and excel files.  Tried to look into the properties but there is no options of two sided printing.  thanks!

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 15 (8,989 Views)

Re: Two-Sided printing Problem HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a

Hello.

Could you please clarify what operating system you are using?

Thanks,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
miles728
Message 3 of 15 (8,987 Views)

Re: Two-Sided printing Problem HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a

Windows XP

Tutor
herrera
Message 4 of 15 (8,980 Views)

help me sell my printer back tp hp buy back i get comfuse on the step please help me by step by step please

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 5 of 15 (8,980 Views)

Ok, thank you for clarifying.

From Adobe Reader click File > Print and then click Properties or Settings.

Under the LAyout tab you should find the Two-Sided Printing option.

If you cannot locate this option Close the used application and go to Control Panel > Printers and Faxes.

Right click the 8600 printer icon and select Properties.

Open the Device Settings tab.

Click the Automatic Two-Sided Printing Accessory drop-down and select Install

Click OK to confirm.

Now re-open the file you would like to print and check the Layout tab.

Please let me know of any change,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
HotRod919
Message 6 of 15 (8,754 Views)

I have the same question however I am using an iMac. Using Mac OS X 10.7.5. I need to utilize the double sided print feature using excel, can that be done?

Student
sbentle1
Message 7 of 15 (7,392 Views)

how do you print two sided using the printer by loading orginal papers

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 8 of 15 (7,287 Views)

Hey sbentle1,

Are you also using an Officejet Pro 8600 (N911a)?  If not, what model printer are you using?

When you say you want to "print two sided using the printer by loading orginal papers," do you mean that you are trying to COPY an original image into a double-sided output?  If not, can you clarify more about what you mean?

Please click on the link provided here.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
bchancey
Message 9 of 15 (6,821 Views)

I just bought an HP Officejet Pro 8600. One of the main reasons I bought this particular printer was for two-sided printing. After reading other forum questions, I figured out how to go to the settings on my MAC to print two-sided. The only problem was that one side of the brochure I was trying to print was upside down. I am using the Apple program "Pages" to make the brochure. Now I just need to figure out how to get the print to have both sides of the brochure facing the right way. Any suggestions? I tried using a pdf file but this did not print on two sides at all. 

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 10 of 15 (6,808 Views)

Hey bchancey,

I would advise checking the print window settings when attempting to print this brochure from "Pages."  Open the print window and press the Down arrow to open the expanded view.  When you have the duplex printing option select what type of "flip" do you have set?  There are two options: flip on long edge and flip on short edge.  Check that this setting isn't the cause for your upside down duplex printout.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation