Question

Honor Student
airbusa320pilot
Message 1 of 4 (485 Views)

USB printer is connected to the port but cannot be detected

[ Edited ]

i have a deskjet ink advantage 2515 connected to the usb port  via usb.

The printer is working good for 7 months with no problem, last 2 months the printer act strange. When ever i try to print a doc in word 2010 i can see the printer is offline ( but in reality the printer is on and connected to the pc) and also checking the INK level an error show "The computer is unable to establish a two way communication with the device" . I reinstall the printer driver and follow the instruction on it but no luck still the printer is offline. Then I decided to bring it to the HP service center and the technician told me that i must download the latest driver of the printer. So I download the latest driver and install it follow the instruction on it and it worked.

Last 3 days I print a doc suddenly the printer restarted printing from the page 1 of the doc. And I can hear a sound ( when you insert or disconnect device into the usb port). I reinstall the latest driver and I follow the instructions on it, when the installation ask me to connect the  usb cable , the usb cable of the printer cannot be detected. I look at the device manager under the USB controllers section the HP usb is not in there. So i check the usb port and the port is working fine. I replace a printer usb cable from my old printer still no luck. I install the HP print and scan doctor and i cannot print a test page it says that Unable to Communicate with the usb device. 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (474 Views)

Re: USB printer is connected to the hub but cannot be detected

Hi,

Please connect DIRECT to your machine (laptop/pc), not thru any USB hub.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
airbusa320pilot
Message 3 of 4 (472 Views)

Re: USB printer is connected to the hub but cannot be detected

still no luck.

Honor Student
airbusa320pilot
Message 4 of 4 (441 Views)

Re: USB printer is connected to the port but cannot be detected

[ Edited ]

after 5 hours the printer suddenly been detected by the pc but after a minute the connection lost again.

i download the latest driver ( full driver not the basic) still the problem is coming back.

i install the printer driver to my laptop and connect the printer usb cord to the laptop port still the problem is there ( connect after a minute the connection is lost again.

any help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation