Unable to Communicate with Printer Error Message - Officejet 6500 E710n-z (718 Views)
Student
rachelanne
Message 1 of 2 (718 Views)

Unable to Communicate with Printer Error Message - Officejet 6500 E710n-z

[ Edited ]

Printer: HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)

Using Windows 7

When I try and print I get the Error Message: "Unable to Communicate with Printer"

Printer Status Report: identifies Network Status as "Ready"

HP Print/Scan Doctor identifies the printer, but when I click the "Next" Button, it does not let me go any further.

URL does not come up in browser, and when I try to Configure the Port, I get another Error Message: Error occured during port configuration (error 0x0000007b).

Any help would be appreciated.

PhD Student
Wixma
Message 2 of 2 (690 Views)

Re: Unable to Communicate with Printer Error Message - Officejet 6500 E710n-z

Hello rachelanne.

You need to make sure the printer's IP address did not change. For this, first print a network test report from the printer's control panel and then use the Update IP address program in Windows (Start - HP - OJ6500 - Update IP address) to check if they match. If not, type the IP address you obtained from the printer's network report.

Cheers!

Wixma.
I am an HP employee.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos star in the post.
If my reply resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier by other people.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation