08-14-2012 03:40 PM - edited 08-14-2012 03:52 PM
Printer: HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)
Using Windows 7
When I try and print I get the Error Message: "Unable to Communicate with Printer"
Printer Status Report: identifies Network Status as "Ready"
HP Print/Scan Doctor identifies the printer, but when I click the "Next" Button, it does not let me go any further.
URL does not come up in browser, and when I try to Configure the Port, I get another Error Message: Error occured during port configuration (error 0x0000007b).
Any help would be appreciated.
08-23-2012 07:15 AM
You need to make sure the printer's IP address did not change. For this, first print a network test report from the printer's control panel and then use the Update IP address program in Windows (Start - HP - OJ6500 - Update IP address) to check if they match. If not, type the IP address you obtained from the printer's network report.
I am an HP employee.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos star in the post.
If my reply resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier by other people.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series