Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hoi,

I had restart the printer during the process , maybe that can help ?

HP Recommended

I did the semi full reset twice, and now it's just saying that the ink catraidges need to be replaced. They're brand new. I don't understand why or how my printer reset.

HP Recommended

Please help me as well. I have HP Deskjet 3520. I did the semi full reset many times and still no luck. Please help!!

HP Recommended
For me ( I have a deskjet 3070A) the semi-full reset worked.
I hope someone else can help you.

Succes
HP Recommended
Maybe this tip , that i have had from a HP employee, is usefull for you (for me it wasn't).

Put the printer on , take out the cartridges , printer off and disconnect supplycable for 1 minute.
Then connect and restart the printer . Wait until he is ready and then place the cartridges .

Goodluck !
HP Recommended

@cassidydoodah wrote:

I did the semi full reset twice, and now it's just saying that the ink catraidges need to be replaced. They're brand new. I don't understand why or how my printer reset.

@cassidydoodah 

Is it saying "Use SETUP Cartridges", or "Cartridges must be Replaced"? Are you using the SETUPs that came with the printer?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Before I did the semi full reset, it said "setup cartidges." But now, it's saying that I need to replace the cartridges. It's trying to make me do the setup process any time I turn it on, but now instead of telling me to use the setup cartridges, it just tells me to replace them.

HP Recommended

@cassidydoodah 

I'm going to private message you on this (check out envelope at top right)

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
I am facing the same issue here. I have a Deskjet 3070A which was installed using the SETUP cartridges a little over a year ago. I have bought new cartridges and now it is asking for the SETUP cartridges. I reinstalled those cartridges, but it keeps asking for them. So, I also tried twice the Semi-Full Reset process, but when I restart the printer, it still asks for the SETUP cartridges. Can someone please help me with this issue? Thanks!
HP Recommended
Hi Ciara, I got the similar issue. I got the message "Do not use set up cartridge" after resetting the HP Officejet 4620 to original setting. Could you please let me know how to fix it?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.