Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

hello anyone, I'm looking for help with this error message; I got a semi-new HP officejet Pro 8600, model SNPRC-1101-01,  it has given to me by my company, to use in my home office, it didn't come in the original box, but it was still all taped up (for shipping) but no Setup Cartridges came with it.

it was originally given to another employee who after 6 months with the firm was let go, this is all of the printer materal that the company got back from the released employee, I need to get this working, can anyong help?

thanks,

HP Recommended
@psarra

Hello from Portugal (again)!

If you still have the printer with this problem bear in mind that YOU CAN USE IT WITHOUT "SETUP CARTRIDGES".
According to HP, Setup Cartridges are used only for calibration, (most of the time) they have the same capacity as a standard pack, but the embedded chip as signal that marks them as special cartridges.

If the printer was reset to a factory condition (most likely), it expects those cartridges but you can enter the Support Menu (hidden) and clear the bit that signals the printer to perform that calibration and it will resume working after the alignment page.

In short:
(As always, do this at your risk)

1) Go to SUPPORT MENU (see video),
2) System Configuration Menu
3) Ink initialization status
4) Change from "Set" to "Clear" <<<<
5) Exit by pressing X several times
6) Turn printer OFF/ON
HP Recommended

@Ciara_B_HP

I have the same issue, but with an HP officejet 7610.  I have bought 2 replacement cartridges in hopes of simply just having a dud for one of the sets; however, this is not the issue.  I've done the reset as necesarry, but seeing that this is a floor model printer, it did not come with the original SETUP cartridges.

Please assist, and thank you in advance for your time!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm really struggling, I too am having the same problems with deskjet 3070a serial number [Personal Information Removed] I no longer have the set up cartridges. Can anyone help ? Don't have a cancel button to do the back - cancel - back-back option !!??

Please help my daughter has homework she needs to print !

HP Recommended

Dear HP,

I recently had my printer fixed through our warranty. Now I got it back from the store and I cannot get my printer to work because I'm not in the possession of the Setup cartridges anymore.

Could you please help me out I find this very frustrating.

I have a HP photosmart 5520

HP Recommended

Hello,

PLease help me am having the same problem with hp photosmart 6510. I get error Do not use SETUP cartridges and the priter doesnt print.

I would really appreciate any help!

HP Recommended

Hi my printer also is asking for setup cartridges and it is far from new.

My printer is the HP 6520 and it does not allow me to go forward.

Please can you suggest the best solution for me without having to spend further money on new INK if possible

HP Recommended

Okay thank you very much this worked for me.

However after doing this the compatible Ink that used to show ink levels no longer shows ink levels.  Also this ink stopped working in any other printer that i tried it on except for my printer

Has any got any solutions for this?

HP Recommended

Hi Please help I have replaced my ink cartridges with genuine hp ink and i keep getting an error message saying use set up ink cartridges and I no longer have them.  I cannot afford to buy them can anyone please help as I needed to print some important documents.  Why does it do this when things are hard enough.

HP Recommended

Hi Chiara,

I have just recently got this error message on my Photosmart 5510 Product #CQ176A, any thoughts on how I could bet this sorted?

kind regards,

xavier4me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.