Question

Honor Student
CQHixi
Message 1 of 5 (4,213 Views)

Very slow to print, OfficeJet Pro 8600

Printer installed on my wireless network with a static IP.

It USED to print quickly, lately it takes 3-4 minutes to print a simple document.  Nothing has changed regarding network security or anything.  Going to the IP address itself always shows the printer as 'Ready.'

We even changed out the colored cartridges as they were a little low, still takes forever to print.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 5 (4,136 Views)

Re: Very slow to print, OfficeJet Pro 8600

I understand you are experiencing slow printing.  Take a look at this document.

Let me know if this helps.

Student
marku123
Message 3 of 5 (1,931 Views)

I am on Mac.  This OfficeJet Pro 8600 (with two trays) was a quick printer until recently.  I didn't change anything.  It's a software issue, since printing directly is quick.  

Any trouble shooting ideas?  

Also, how do I get the printer to draw from the second tray? I haven't been able to do it yet.

Thanks,

Mark U

Student
FrancesMPB
Message 4 of 5 (1,302 Views)

I am having the same problem. On a mac so the solutions do not help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer since and nothing helps.

Student
bigteaze
Message 5 of 5 (853 Views)

I too have been having slow print issues.  I have spent well over 8 hours over the course of a few days trying to get this straightened out.  This printer is only 2 months old.  It worked just fine. Suddenly one day the printer just started to print very slowly. Verrrrrrrrrrrry sloooooooooooowly. I uninstalled/reinstalled. I went on the web, read forums, followed HPs latest advice, got the correct downoad for my Mavreick 10.9 OS. I went through these HP suggested processes multiple times (in case I made an error - that said I am computer savvy).  I finally had a close friend who is a Mac professional repair guy (some PCs) of over 20 years come over to take a look. at things.  He did what I did to no avail. I found some firmware, uploaded that and at least now the printer works (gone are paper mismatch error msgs., etc. there had been an assortment of errors going on as well). I even did the "secret" resets.  BUT - it still takes 3 - 4 minutes to print a single page. This really is rather ridiculous. If this many people are having an issue like this - is/was there a recall notice for a hardware or software failure from HP?  Could it really be just a bad power supply? Is this a known issue the solution to which is someting other than what HP has posted to date? I now understand why people take shotguns to hardware. I however, can't afford to buy another new printer. Please help.  Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation