Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have tried everything to get this thing going and it just won't work... I get a paper jam error message but there's no paper anywhere.

After all this, I should be able to power up and print a test page... only problem is WHAT IS THE HIDDEN MENU? With this paper jam, I can only get 2 screens up, the home screen or the error screen that indicates the paper jam.

I have tried everything on this website to get rid of this fake paper jam and nothing works. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I also had this problem, paper jam but no paper to be found anywhere.  However, while watching the video, I noticed that the print head did not move into the center as expected.  So, I followed the step where you hold the head all the way to the right while turning the printer on.  This seemed to unlock whatever was holding it and when I allowed to then recycle, the paper jam issue resolved itself. Perhaps when the head gets stuck like that, it makes the printer believe there is some paper jamming and not allowing the head to move???  Odd, perhaps but it did resolve the issue and the printer once again is working as designed.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi Mighiko,

Follow the checks in the video below, and let me know if you still have the paper jam message?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

All these steps are available on the HP website and I have already tried it all.

I'd like to point out that there was never a real paper jam, I didn't have to remove any paper because there is no paper jam. I've looked everywhere and done everything there is in this video and still, when I turn on the printer, the rollers immediately start to turn and turn to try to free the paper that is jammed (even if there's no paper).

I've been in this situation for 3 weeks and I need my printer!

HP Recommended

Hi Mighiko,

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for this hardware failure. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have had this vertual paper jam today ( just recieved a secondhand machine). I went through the Vidio and found no jammed. I cleared mine problem by selecting settings (the spanner symbol) as soon as I switched on (you have to be quick to do this before it has chance to go to the paper jam message), then tools, then Prinrt Status Report. My printer then printed a satus report and all was OK after that. I hope this works for you - I'm no expert - all I can say is that this worked for me !

HP Recommended

I also had this problem, paper jam but no paper to be found anywhere.  However, while watching the video, I noticed that the print head did not move into the center as expected.  So, I followed the step where you hold the head all the way to the right while turning the printer on.  This seemed to unlock whatever was holding it and when I allowed to then recycle, the paper jam issue resolved itself. Perhaps when the head gets stuck like that, it makes the printer believe there is some paper jamming and not allowing the head to move???  Odd, perhaps but it did resolve the issue and the printer once again is working as designed.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

Follow the steps below as mentioned by briscofan, and if you still experience issues please let me know.

Paper Jam' Message Displays on the All-in-One

Resolve a carriage jam

NOTE:The product might display a 'Paper Jam ' error message.
Follow these steps to resolve a carriage jam.
  1. Open the cartridge access door. The product control panel displays a 'Door Open ' message.
    Figure 10: Open the cartridge access door
    Image: Open the cartridge access door
  2. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.
  3. Push and hold the carriage to the right with your hand as shown in the image. Hold the carriage tightly, because the carriage tries to move left when the product is turned on, and you need to prevent it from moving.
    Figure 11: Push and hold the carriage to the right
    Image: Push and hold the carriage to the right
  4. While holding the carriage against the right side, press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product, and then wait until the product control panel displays a 'Door Open ' message.
  5. Release the carriage, and then close the cartridge access door.
    Figure 12: Close the cartridge access door
    Image: Close the cartridge access door
    The product control panel displays a 'Carriage Jam ' error message.
  6. Touch OK .
    The product displays another error message regarding an improper shutdown. This is expected behavior.
  7. Touch OK .
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

This video is not helpful because this printer does this virtual paper jam every single time you print.  so it will correct for one page but you must jump through hoops for page 2 etc.  This has been going on since the first week I bought the printer and it really is a piece of junk.  At first I thought it was because of double sided printing.  As long as I NEVER double sided print then it would work once or twice correctly, but after a week I realize that this is a bad design.  Makes me want to throw it out and get something else.

HP Recommended

I've done this every printing for months it is a temporary fix. 

HP Recommended

Hi dceeley, 

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for this hardware issue. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.