Re: Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions! (18374 Views)
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 1 of 2 (18,425 Views)

Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions!

[ Edited ]

Following are tips to get the best responses in the forum:

Search before posting  Use the "Search" box to see if someone has already asked and answered your question.  If you are looking for drivers start at HP's site here and enter your model number and then operating system.  Similarly, there are troubleshooting pages for many of the more common issues.  Start at the same link as for drivers but click on the "Solve a Problem" link after entering your product number.

Use the Forum, not email  This way others can contribute to and benefit from the answers.

Write Good Titles  Put a short problem description as well as your printer model in the title.  A title such as "Cartridge Error on Officejet 7410" will be more likely to get an answer than a title like "Cannot Print".

Provide Details  Be sure to give relevant information including:

• Problem Description
  • Printer Model
  • Operating System  (including service pack revision)
  • Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
  • Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.  

Watch for Feedback   Subscribe to email updates for your question and/or check your question frequently for responses.  Answer promptly any requests for additional information. If you are having trouble finding your questions you can log on, then click on your username in the upper right.  This will bring you to a page that will show your statistics, including your posts.

Be Patient Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support. The folks here are mostly volunteers, answering questions on their own time.   If you do not get an answer within a reasonable time (a day or so) do not repost your question or post a "bump".  Reread your original post and if there are additional details you can provide then write a follow-up post in the original thread.

Say "Thanks"  When you get an answer to your problem acknowledge the solution.  If the answer is helpful mark it with "Kudos" by clicking on the kudos button.  If your problem is solved then mark it as solved using the "Accept as Solution" button.  This will help others with similar issues find the solution.  Accept as Solution is only available to the poster of the original question in a thread.  The Kudos button can be clicked for any posts you find useful.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 2 (18,374 Views)

Re: Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions!

Great information Bob.  Thank you.  :smileyvery-happy:

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation