09-16-2012 02:33 PM - edited 09-16-2012 02:35 PM
Following are tips to get the best responses in the forum:
Search before posting Use the "Search" box to see if someone has already asked and answered your question. If you are looking for drivers start at HP's site here and enter your model number and then operating system. Similarly, there are troubleshooting pages for many of the more common issues. Start at the same link as for drivers but click on the "Solve a Problem" link after entering your product number.
Use the Forum, not email This way others can contribute to and benefit from the answers.
Write Good Titles Put a short problem description as well as your printer model in the title. A title such as "Cartridge Error on Officejet 7410" will be more likely to get an answer than a title like "Cannot Print".
Provide Details Be sure to give relevant information including:
- Problem Description
- Printer Model
- Operating System (including service pack revision)
- Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
- Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.
Watch for Feedback Subscribe to email updates for your question and/or check your question frequently for responses. Answer promptly any requests for additional information. If you are having trouble finding your questions you can log on, then click on your username in the upper right. This will bring you to a page that will show your statistics, including your posts.
Be Patient Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support. The folks here are mostly volunteers, answering questions on their own time. If you do not get an answer within a reasonable time (a day or so) do not repost your question or post a "bump". Reread your original post and if there are additional details you can provide then write a follow-up post in the original thread.
Say "Thanks" When you get an answer to your problem acknowledge the solution. If the answer is helpful mark it with "Kudos" by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved using the "Accept as Solution" button. This will help others with similar issues find the solution. Accept as Solution is only available to the poster of the original question in a thread. The Kudos button can be clicked for any posts you find useful.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series