Question

Honor Student
courtneypk
Message 1 of 3 (10,172 Views)

What does the status message "Used Supply in Use" mean for a LaserJet M1212nf?

I just tonight got the status message at my printer, "Used supply in use". I've never seen this before and can't seem to find any reference to it. In addition, the last three status codes in the Event Log (accessibly by browser) are 99.106B, 10.3400 and 10.3300.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 3 (10,148 Views)

Re: What does the status message "Used Supply in Use" mean for a LaserJet M1212nf?

Hello courtneypk,

The "Used Supply in Use" means that the printer belives the toner cartridges installed in the printer have been previously used in another printer.

Have you recently changed the toner cartridge on this printer? Are you having issues printing?

The event log errors are likely telling us the same thing that the "Used supply in use" is telling us and that as far as the printer is concerned the toner cartridge is a used cartridge, however you should be able to still print without problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
courtneypk
Message 3 of 3 (10,146 Views)

Re: What does the status message "Used Supply in Use" mean for a LaserJet M1212nf?

Thanks for your reply. No, I haven't changed anything recently on my printer; the yellow LED has been blinking for a while, indicating that the toner is low, but nothing else. I tried printing and was able to print, but I also got a message window telling me a Used Supply was in use. Looks like I'll have to change the toner cartridge sooner anyway; I've just been waiting for the obvious signs to show that there is little toner left, like streaking of the printout.
Paul Courtney

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation