07-09-2012 07:09 PM
I just tonight got the status message at my printer, "Used supply in use". I've never seen this before and can't seem to find any reference to it. In addition, the last three status codes in the Event Log (accessibly by browser) are 99.106B, 10.3400 and 10.3300.
07-11-2012 12:30 PM
The "Used Supply in Use" means that the printer belives the toner cartridges installed in the printer have been previously used in another printer.
Have you recently changed the toner cartridge on this printer? Are you having issues printing?
The event log errors are likely telling us the same thing that the "Used supply in use" is telling us and that as far as the printer is concerned the toner cartridge is a used cartridge, however you should be able to still print without problems.
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
07-11-2012 01:29 PM
Thanks for your reply. No, I haven't changed anything recently on my printer; the yellow LED has been blinking for a while, indicating that the toner is low, but nothing else. I tried printing and was able to print, but I also got a message window telling me a Used Supply was in use. Looks like I'll have to change the toner cartridge sooner anyway; I've just been waiting for the obvious signs to show that there is little toner left, like streaking of the printout.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series