Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

give me instructions

HP Recommended

Hi albert11050 ,

Does this issue occur when printing from another program?

Does this issue occur when copying as opposed to printing?

Please let me know.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

I have an F335 All In One, running Windows 7.  It will not print in color, nor does it copy in color.  I have just replaced the color cartridge.  It is not set to grayscale.  When I first turn on the printer, it prints out a calibration page completely in black ink only.  I reinstalled the printer software and new drivers, but still, no color.  Please help 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi belladog77 , and welcome!

I'd recommend starting by removing the ink cartridges, and performing a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I'd also recommend the steps in this document:

Missing, Faded, or Dull Colors

Please keep me posted!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

My printer HP Officejet 8500 A 910 was printing  in colourbut now it is not. I changed the colour ink cartridge and stil that did not help. It is still not printing in colour.

HP Recommended

Hi @nesthome57 , thanks for getting in touch!

I'd recommend the power reset I listed in the above post. 

I'd also suggest following the steps in this document:

Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One Printer Series

Please keep me posted!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I hve Windows 8 and 64 bit.  I'm using HP Officejet 6700 Premium.

HP Recommended

I have a 5740 and it just started the same problem.  I bought it about a month ago and it worked fine for a while.  I tried the printer restart suggestion and it did nothing.  Do to the number of different computers, operating systems, and printers, this must be an HP SOFTWARE PROBLEM.  I have a Dell with Vista home Premium 64bit SP1.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an HP C7280 Photosmart using Windows 10. Just recently it stopped printing the colors properly. Sometimes my photos are really magenta colored and now it replaces red with yellow. All 6 cartridges have been replaced and are full. I've tried using 2 different computers and I get the same thing.

Please advise.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

how to I change my printer from black to tricolor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.