Question

Student
Pappy222
Message 1 of 10 (818 Views)

Windows 7 - HP Photosmart Premium C309-g-m & HP Sloution Center

I have had a HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m Wireless on my Windows 7 system working perfect since Oct 2009, including the HP Solution Center. All of a sudden in 2012  I started having problems with the printer drivers being lost or removed. I have downloaded and Installed new "Complete" drivers from HP. When trying to use HP Solutions Center it tells me I need to insert the original disc, connect the USB, and run the Network setup. When I do this, another "Wired Only" copy of the printer is installed. How do I regain the HP Solution Center function for a wireless printer?

Top Student
sikeswendell
Message 2 of 10 (617 Views)

Re: Windows 7 - HP Photosmart Premium C309-g-m & HP Sloution Center

Can't install solfware, because it can't find driver.  After four years the driver just disappeared!  Help!!!

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 3 of 10 (611 Views)

Hello sikeswendell,

I am sorry to hear you lost your driver. I would be glad to help you.

Could you please respond with your model number and operating system so I can find the appropriate driver for you?

Thank you!

How to find which operating system you have: Windows or Mac

How to find your Model Number

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
sikeswendell
Message 4 of 10 (609 Views)

Window 7 and Model HP Photosmart C309 g-m, installed in 2008.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 5 of 10 (599 Views)

Hello sikeswendell,

Thank you for replying with your information. I have found the appropriate driver for you.

Please click the link below, select download and run the installation.

This should work for you, good luck!

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
sikeswendell
Message 6 of 10 (592 Views)

After I downlold the C309 a Series my printer worked!!!

Top Student
sikeswendell
Message 7 of 10 (584 Views)

Got photosmart C309 a Series to download and the printer printed from the computer.  I tried to scan from printer and was told to get the full software,  what is my next step to add Solution Center and be able to scan from the computer.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 8 of 10 (574 Views)

Hello sikeswendell,

I understand the software notified you to install the full software. There are different drivers for different model numbers. You will have to uninstall the driver I posted above and reinstall another driver. I will post the information for you below. This should resolve that issue.

Uninstall Driver for "C309n"

Restart your computer

Reinstall the driver for "C309a"

Good luck!

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
sikeswendell
Message 9 of 10 (568 Views)

I am confuse and scared to do as you requested!  Not sure how to unistall C309n Driver and reinstall the new driver C309a.  Please give directions that a newbe could understand.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 10 of 10 (562 Views)

Hello sikeswendell,

I am sorry about that. I will post the steps below that are included in the document.

Follow these steps to uninstall the printer software through the Windows Control Panel.
  1. Click the Windows icon (), click Control Panel , and then under "Programs," click Uninstall a program .
  2. Find your HP printer driver in the list of installed programs. If you do not see the printer name, look for the printer type, such as Photosmart, Officejet, PSC, or Deskjet. For example:
    • HP Photosmart C4600 All-in-One Driver software 13.0 Rel .5
    • HP Photosmart All-in-One Software 13.0
    If your printer does not appear in the list of installed programs, continue to the next method to uninstall the software.
  3. Click the driver, click Uninstall/Change , and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Use the following information to determine which option to choose when you remove the software:

Restart your computer

Re-Installing the Printer - Click the link below:
Printer Driver and Software - Click Download and Run - After the driver downloads, please follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope this works for you, good luck!

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation