Question

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 1 of 23 (22,168 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 Solutions for Laserjet Printers, MFP's, All-in-One's and Scanjets

[ Edited ]
To help customers successfully use their products with Windows 8, HP has identified recommended drivers per product. Please visit the following support documents for more information:

LaserJet – Printers, MFPs, and All-in-Ones supported in Windows 8

LaserJet and Color LaserJet - Products with Delayed Support in Windows 8

Scanjet – Scanners supported in Windows 8

LaserJet and Color LaserJet - Printers Supported or with Limited Support in Windows 8

LaserJet, Color LaserJet, and LaserJet AiOs/MFPs - Products not supported in Windows 8

If you have an issue with your Windows 8 printer install, please start a new thread and include your printer in the title of your post. Please do not respond to this post. As new support documents become available, they will be posted to this thread.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 2 of 23 (22,158 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Solutions for Laserjet Printers, MFP's, All-in-One's and Scanjets

[ Edited ]

If the above resources do not address your questions/needs or you need additional help, please see:

Additional Resources that are available to help customers with their LaserJet printers, MFPS and All-in-Ones include:

HP LaserJet and Color LaserJet Printers, MFPs, and All-in-Ones - Install the driver included in Wind...

I am an HP employee.

Retired
SedonaF
Message 3 of 23 (22,038 Views)

Student
mal2351
Message 4 of 23 (20,838 Views)

I get a out of paper when it's full of paper. What's wrong
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 5 of 23 (20,766 Views)

Windows 8 Solutions for Laserjet Printers, MFP's, All-in-One's and Scanjets

Hello mal2351

What printer are you using and what operating system? Do you get the out of paper message when trying to make a copy?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Tutor
diatoday
Message 6 of 23 (14,889 Views)

Hp's p2015dn duplex laserjet

Hello.

After upgrading to Win 8.1 Pro, I lost the abiity for duplex printing on my p2015dn--at least I lost the option to print duplex WITHOUT flipping pages.

I downloaded HP's 9/13 dated universal pcl6 driver. The file now in my downloads folder is an exe file.

• I clicked the exe file, which is called         upd-pcl6-x64-5.7.0.16448.exe

Is that what I should have done? What happened when I clicked that file? (No directions came with the download or were posted on the drivers web page.)

• Now when I go to the advanced tab of the printer's Properties, it says, next to driver: HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6 class driver.

That is different from the way the driver looks on my win 7 laptop, which says HP LaserJetP2015 PCL6.

• In the printer's properties it says, on the General tab: Double-sided yes. and under Device Settings it also says Duplex Unit (for 2-sided printing): Installed.

• BUT If I click Preferences on the General Tab, there are only 2 tabs not 5 as in Win 7.

• Anywya under Print on both sides: it says either None or flip short side or flip long side. There is no choice to select print both sides without flipping.

• Same choices on Advanced tab's printing defauls menu

The result in Microsoft Word is that I can no longer select print both sides unless I want to flip or print manually. Same in Adobe Reader or Pro.

How can I fix this?

Retired
Advance23
Message 7 of 23 (14,881 Views)

Hi,

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/ .

I hope this helps.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 8 of 23 (14,705 Views)

Re: Hp's p2015dn duplex laserjet

The recommended driver for the p2015 is the UPD driver or In-OS or windows update drivers.

Since you chose the UPD driver (print driver only), you did install it correctly however it is not the full solution driver that you are used in your windows 7 system.

Now the wording in the UPD is a bit different but should print the same as you have a duplexer installed on the printer. Unless your Printer Preferences says manual then you should still be able to print duplex, the flip part is just telling the printer which way you want the print to appear. Think of it this way: long edge is to similar to how you would bind magazine while short edge similar to how you would bind a notepad.

Experiment and see if that helps you understand duplex in relationship to flipping long and short edge.

I am an HP employee.

Student
dee338
Message 9 of 23 (13,759 Views)

my HP Offiejet Pro 8600 prints black streaks vertically on the paper when "copying in black".... When copying in "Color" there are no issues.  Can you help?

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 10 of 23 (13,600 Views)

Hello dee338.

I understand you are receiving problems copying a document with your Officejet 8600. Please follow this entire HP document on Vertical Bands, Lines, or Streaks in Copies.

This document will resolve your issue as long as you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided in the document. If this doesn't resolve your issue, then please contact HP technical support for further assistance since this is a hardware issue: HP Worldwide Contact.

I hope this works. If you have any further questions please let me know.

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation