Windows live mail will not print error message C:|windows\system32\prncache.dll (2100 Views)
Top Student
Slowfred2000
Message 1 of 14 (2,100 Views)

Windows live mail will not print error message C:|windows\system32\prncache.dll

My system is Windows 7 64 bit, all other print items work but does not work in Windows Live Mail.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 14 (2,088 Views)

Re: Windows live mail will not print error message C:|windows\system32\prncache.dll

Hey slowfred. Are you using Internet Explorer to print from Live Mail? If so have you tried printing from another website inside of IE?

Also I would suggest trying a separate web browser, such as FireFox or Chrome. Post back with some more detail, including what model printer you are using and we can go from there.

Thanks
Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
Slowfred2000
Message 3 of 14 (2,084 Views)

Re: Windows live mail will not print error message C:|windows\system32\prncache.dll

Sorry for such a lame question I do know better.

The printer is a HP Officejet Pro 5400dn it is connected thru the lan cable thru Netgear wireless router WNR 3500 another computer in my home office is hooked up to printer via USB.

The printer works perfect in every other mode prints from Internet Explorer 9 just fine and all Microsoft Office programs even sends pictures emailed from Microsoft Picture it, that is setup to use Windows Live Mail.

I have uninstalled Windows Live Mail several time trying to correct this problem but to no avail it just won't print in the Windows Live Mail program all else works fine.

I am strictly a Microsoft guy I don't use Google or have Chrome and not FireFox I have a short cut on desktop for Bing my search engine.I am pretty much a savvy guy and can solve most things on my own but this one has me stumped.

Fred

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 14 (2,082 Views)

Hey Fred. Do you happen to be receiving a script error? Also I know you want to be able to print with Live Mail but would you be willing to give either Firefox or Chrome a try just to pinpoint the issue? I still want to find a resolution for your current issue but by trying another browser we could eliminate a few steps.

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
Slowfred2000
Message 5 of 14 (2,077 Views)

No script errors.

Problems from the gitgo.

I tried to install FireFox and it's a problem won't install comes up with that MSVCR100.dll is not installed well I check and I have MSVCR100_CLR0400.dll installed and that is the same file that's on the installation disk so I don't know what the problem, all I can tell you is I am happy with what I got and don't want to install other internet programs this is how problems start you download them and you have so much other junk that installs along with it.

Is there some other way I don't really understand why another browser has to be installed my Internet Explorer works fine and the printer prints within that program.

So I guess the answer to your last question no I don't want to give up Internet Explorer 9 for FireFox or Chrome.

Thanks,

Fred

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 6 of 14 (2,066 Views)

It sounds like this error is indicative of a corrupt registry entry. Since printing is fine from other areas, the error would most likely be generated from either Internet Explorer or Windows Live Mail. But since you have already reinstalled Live Mail, I would suspect something possibly within Internet Explorer. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Explorer. Of course, back up your Favorites if applicable.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Top Student
Slowfred2000
Message 7 of 14 (2,061 Views)

Thank you for the reply I uninstalled internet explorer 9 using Microsoft tools to uninstall since it wasn't in programs and features. Internet explorer 8 is working fine explorer 9 was removed but the problem is still there so I suspect it a registry problem. Can go there but haven't a clue what I'm looking for.

Fred

Top Student
Slowfred2000
Message 8 of 14 (2,050 Views)

More information.

I booted today after uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and now using 8, I can't print in internet explorer 8 or windows live mail.

Maybe it is in internet explorer but not sure how to start everything over again I do have a backup saved in Acronis True image I can recover internet explorer from 01/11/2012.

Fred

Top Student
Slowfred2000
Message 9 of 14 (2,046 Views)

Re: Windows live mail will not print error message C:|windows\system's\precluded

I restored Internet Explorer 8 from Acronis True Image and nothing changed.

I am now using Internet Explorer 8 and I cannot print it it or Windows Live Mail.

Poor old lost sole.

Fred

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 10 of 14 (2,040 Views)

Re: Windows live mail will not print error message C:|windows\system's\precluded

When you try to print from IE or Live Mail, do you get multiple options? What I mean, is there more than one selection for printer? Such as your printer model, and Microsoft XPS document writer......

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation