06-25-2012 07:53 AM - edited 06-25-2012 03:46 PM
My HP Officejet 4500 wireless will not connect to my internet connection. It won't even recognise it and give you the option to connect, despite giving you the option to connect to other wireless networks, eg the next door neighbour's.
I have tried all the obvious solutions, eg restarting it, deleting everything in the print queue, reverting the settings back to the first settings, but no matter what I do, it will not give me the option to connect to my wireless network. If someone could help me it would be much appreciated as I work from home and desperately need to print out some doccuments..
07-02-2012 03:32 PM
Try following the steps in this document. It should help you get a steady and stable connection to your wireless network. Some things to keep in mind when trying to connect to a wireless network are:
1. Hotspots are not routers. They work similarly on a basic level, but are not anywhere near as stable or reliable as a traditional router.
2. Don't be afraid to make changes to your router's settings. You can always reset the router back to factory by using the reset button.
3. Make sure you have the settings right for your printer. HP printer generally like WPA - AES encryption type, any other encyrption type and the printer may not stay connected stablely.
4. If you set a static IP, use Google's public DNS. ( Preferred = 126.96.36.199 | Alt = 188.8.131.52)
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series