Question

Top Student
Christine3579
Message 1 of 2 (1,875 Views)

all in one HP officejet 4500 wireless- won't recognize my wireless internet.

[ Edited ]

My HP Officejet 4500 wireless will not connect to my internet connection. It won't even recognise it and give you the option to connect, despite giving you the option to connect to other wireless networks, eg the next door neighbour's.
I have tried all the obvious solutions, eg restarting it, deleting everything in the print queue, reverting the settings back to the first settings, but no matter what I do, it will not give me the option to connect to my wireless network. If someone could help me it would be much appreciated as I work from home and desperately need to print out some doccuments..

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 2 (1,800 Views)

Re: all in one HP officejet 4500 wireless- won't recognize my wireless internet.

Try following the steps in this document.  It should help you get a steady and stable connection to your wireless network.  Some things to keep in mind when trying to connect to a wireless network are:

1.  Hotspots are not routers.  They work similarly on a basic level, but are not anywhere near as stable or reliable as a traditional router.  

2.  Don't be afraid to make changes to your router's settings.  You can always reset the router back to factory by using the reset button.

3.  Make sure you have the settings right for your printer.  HP printer generally like WPA - AES encryption type, any other encyrption type and the printer may not stay connected stablely.

4.  If you set a static IP, use Google's public DNS. ( Preferred = 8.8.8.8 | Alt = 8.8.4.4)

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation