Question

Honor Student
emo29
Message 1 of 11 (974 Views)

black line on copy or scan when using auto feeder All in One Color Laser CM 1415fnw

When i scan or copy using the auto feeder I get a black line down the right side of the output. If I scan or copy from the glass there is no black line. I cleaned the glass and white platen on the underside of the lid but it still happens.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 11 (955 Views)

Re: black line on copy or scan when using auto feeder All in One Color Laser CM 1415fnw

[ Edited ]

I hope you are doing well and sorry to learn that you are having this issue. 

Follow this Article  

I you needed for further reference this is the support page for your printer.  click here

Also in that page you will see hot topics for this product. there is an announcement of a firmware update update your firmware if have not done yet. 

Hope this helps; 

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
emo29
Message 3 of 11 (947 Views)

Re: black line on copy or scan when using auto feeder All in One Color Laser CM 1415fnw

Robert,

I followed the instructions in that article but I still get the black line only when I use the auto feeder. If I copy or scan from the glass the result is OK. I also updated witht he firmware dated Feb 2012.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 4 of 11 (932 Views)

emo29, I hope you are doing well.

I have been doing  research and i will do more but so far cannot see what is creating this issue.  I will reach out to some peers. To see if they have an answer

Thanks for your patience.

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Provost
pcwizard
Message 5 of 11 (926 Views)

Hi emo29,

If you only get the line when you are scanning or copying from the ADF then you need to clean the glass to make sure there are no scratches, marks or debris on the glass. Refer to screenshot below.

IMAG0143.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
emo29
Message 6 of 11 (915 Views)

I cleaned the galss and inspected it for scratches, which I did not find any. I still get the line down the lrft side (from top to bottom) when I use the ADF.

Ed

Provost
pcwizard
Message 7 of 11 (914 Views)

Hi emo29,

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
emo29
Message 8 of 11 (912 Views)

My printer's one year warranty has expired. Will there be a charge for technical support?

Thank you.

Ed

Provost
pcwizard
Message 9 of 11 (911 Views)

Hi emo29,

Check out the following document. If you are only getting the issue with the ADF then there is something blocking the scan. Make sure to clean any marks you find on the glass or the white backing.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02652026

c02206198.JPG

I am an HP employee.

Student
trish210
Message 10 of 11 (352 Views)

What did you do to correct this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation