10-10-2012 02:47 PM
windows 7 64bit
card slot not initialized
On wired net work with HP Computers using windows 7 64 bit. Printer starts, then shows "Ready" then alternates with the message "card slot not initialized". When that happens it is taken off line (network), you can still print internal generated reports that show all areas check out as OK. However it will not respond to commands from computers over network. This happened over a weekend and worked fine on Friday. Unit has 131,000 copies on the counter. Would this message point to the compact flash card or to the network card? What can I do to fix it?
Thanks for looking and your help.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)