07-06-2012 12:14 PM
Let's see if we can get your carriage jam taken care of so you no longer have to scold your printer. Can you tell me if the carriage moves freely in the printer?
Make sure that the print carriage can move freely
- With the power to the product still on, unplug the power cord from the back of the product.
- Open the print-carriage access door by lifting it until it stops.Figure 2: Opening the print-carriage access door
- Gently move the print carriage to the left of the product.
- Close the print-carriage access door.
- Plug the power cord into the back of the product, and then turn the product on if it does not turn on automatically.
- Follow these steps to print a self-test page:
- Press the Setup button ( ).
- Press the down arrow button ( ).
- Press the right arrow button ( ).
- Press OK .
These steps along with a few others that may help resolve your issue can be found in this HP troubleshooting article.
Let me know if the article helps resolve your issue.
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series