Question

Student
lizzybeth79
Message 1 of 2 (962 Views)

cartridge in right slot not intended for use in this printer error.

I have a HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-One printer and it has worked pretty good for several years.  My computer runs Windows Vista 64-bit.  I recently put in two new ink cartridges the same number and style I've always used 74/75 xl.  The printer has been printing with those new cartridges for days now.  Today, all of a sudden during the middle of printing it stops and displays this message:  Cartridge in slot on right is not intended for use in this printer.  Remove and replace.  It's the right cartridge and has worked for days now and is the same style as always.  I removed it and reinserted it.  Still the same message.  Turned off printer, same message.  Unplugged printer and started back up same message.  I'm getting quite fed up with my recent rash of computer and printer problems and spent quite a lot of money on these cartridges. What do I do?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 2 (952 Views)

Re: cartridge in right slot not intended for use in this printer error.

It's most likely the particular cartridge that's causing the problem, but it might be something in the computer.  Try the steps in this document to fix the problem.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation