08-10-2012 09:18 AM
I have a HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-One printer and it has worked pretty good for several years. My computer runs Windows Vista 64-bit. I recently put in two new ink cartridges the same number and style I've always used 74/75 xl. The printer has been printing with those new cartridges for days now. Today, all of a sudden during the middle of printing it stops and displays this message: Cartridge in slot on right is not intended for use in this printer. Remove and replace. It's the right cartridge and has worked for days now and is the same style as always. I removed it and reinserted it. Still the same message. Turned off printer, same message. Unplugged printer and started back up same message. I'm getting quite fed up with my recent rash of computer and printer problems and spent quite a lot of money on these cartridges. What do I do?
08-14-2012 01:28 PM
It's most likely the particular cartridge that's causing the problem, but it might be something in the computer. Try the steps in this document to fix the problem. Let me know what happens.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series