09-20-2012 04:08 PM
Run a Print Quality test from either the SW or from the front panel. There are directions on the print out for you to follow. Here is a document that has step by step instructions.
You may need to replace a printhead.
I am an HP Employee my posts are my own opinion and not any official statement or advice from HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
09-20-2012 04:10 PM
There may be something in the printhead causing the problem. The document linked below should help you work out the problem.
If that doesn't work, check the date on the printheads. If the printheads are in warranty, use the link below to find the HP contact information and call to get the printheads replaced.
If the printheads are out of warranty, Bob_Headrick was nice enough to make the post linked below that tells how to physically clean the printheads. If the physical cleaning doesn't work, you will need to get new printheads, or a new printer.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series