Question

Student
lmhhp
Message 1 of 2 (192 Views)

communication error for hp photosmart plus e all in one b210 series

My HP photosmart plus e all in one B210 series is connected by USB to my desktop, but wireless to my laptops.  The printer will print but will not "communicate" with desktop.  When trying to check ink status, etc., I get the message that  "the printer is unable to establish two way communication with the device".  USB cord has been checked and is working  properly. Also, I cannot scan anything because it cannot "communicate".  The printer will not connect to the internet.  Get "server connection error 901" when trying to connect to hpprintcenter from printer.  HELP PLEASE.  Thank you.

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 2 (157 Views)

Re: communication error for hp photosmart plus e all in one b210 series

Hi lmhhp and welcome to the HP Forum,

I understand that you are having a couple issues with the printer, cannot scan from USB connected desktop and cannot connect to server from the printer.  I will try my best to help you resolve these issues.

For the server connection error try recycling the network. When you do this make sure you remove the USB cable from the printer and the computer for the recycle.

How to power cycle network
Follow these steps to reset your HP printer, your wireless router, and your computer.
1.Press the Power button on the HP printer to turn it off.
2.Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the HP printer.
3.Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.
4.Turn off the computer.
5.Wait 30 seconds.
6.Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.
7.Wait 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready.
8.Turn the computer back on.
9.Wait for the computer to reload.
10.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the HP printer.
11.Turn the printer back on.

For the communication error try the steps in this document for A 'Connection Error' or 'No Computer Detected' Error Message Appears When Attempting to Scan from th....

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation