01-18-2014 02:31 PM
My HP photosmart plus e all in one B210 series is connected by USB to my desktop, but wireless to my laptops. The printer will print but will not "communicate" with desktop. When trying to check ink status, etc., I get the message that "the printer is unable to establish two way communication with the device". USB cord has been checked and is working properly. Also, I cannot scan anything because it cannot "communicate". The printer will not connect to the internet. Get "server connection error 901" when trying to connect to hpprintcenter from printer. HELP PLEASE. Thank you.
01-28-2014 10:01 AM
Hi lmhhp and welcome to the HP Forum,
I understand that you are having a couple issues with the printer, cannot scan from USB connected desktop and cannot connect to server from the printer. I will try my best to help you resolve these issues.
For the server connection error try recycling the network. When you do this make sure you remove the USB cable from the printer and the computer for the recycle.
How to power cycle network
Follow these steps to reset your HP printer, your wireless router, and your computer.
1.Press the Power button on the HP printer to turn it off.
2.Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the HP printer.
3.Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.
4.Turn off the computer.
5.Wait 30 seconds.
6.Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.
7.Wait 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready.
8.Turn the computer back on.
9.Wait for the computer to reload.
10.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the HP printer.
11.Turn the printer back on.
For the communication error try the steps in this document for A 'Connection Error' or 'No Computer Detected' Error Message Appears When Attempting to Scan from th....
I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series