critical update to correct a PC to printer communication issue , dot scrubber? (1022 Views)
Student
pawsacross
Message 1 of 6 (1,022 Views)
Accepted Solution

critical update to correct a PC to printer communication issue , dot scrubber?

[ Edited ]

I cannot install this issue, it does download and when it goes to install a window pops up and says something about

dot scrubber and then it locks in place.  I am running Windows XP , can anyone instruct me on how this could be corrected?  I am using HP C3180 All in One Printer.

thank you

Mike

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 6 (1,002 Views)

Re: critical update to correct a PC to printer communication issue , dot scrubber?

'Hi there I hope you are doing well pawsacross;

Try this an share the results

1) Click START, then RUN,  and type SERVICES.MSC in the box and press ENTER (opens the services window)

2) Scroll down to PRINT SPOOLER and click RESTART

Let me know the outcome,

Hope this is helpful;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
jan92859
Message 3 of 6 (955 Views)

Re: critical update to correct a PC to printer communication issue , dot scrubber?

I accidentally cancelled a critical update.  How can I get it back to install it? I see it in the history of my Support Assitant but it will not let me click on it, as it has a red X to the left of it.

Top Student
whalberg
Message 4 of 6 (941 Views)

Re: critical scrupdate to correct a PC to printer communication issue , dot ubber?

I had another type problem where I couldn't print from Microsoft Visio on a Deskjet 1660 and also could not delete the page from the print queue. I tried your solution for my problem and , what do you know, the page immediately printed out. Thanks, but I hope I don't have to do this every time I try to print from Visio.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 5 of 6 (920 Views)

Re: critical scrupdate to correct a PC to printer communication issue , dot ubber?

Hi there whalberg; 

Super glad that the issue is solved for you.  
Happy printing!!!

Let me know if I can be of your service  with any futher and I will do my best to help you.

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Student
orginal
Message 6 of 6 (830 Views)

My "Critical Updates" won't download... Now my printer isn't working, any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation