06-21-2012 09:31 PM
Thanks for the post. I've included a link below with some excellent t-shooting information on print quality issues. Since you've already isolated it to the cyan cartridge, just a couple things to check. HP supplies? If you remove the cartridge, is all of the shipping tape removed? Is it possible that there may be some remaining tape on the bottom of the cartridge? Does the printer generate any kind of error message when you re-install the cartridge?
Do any of the other colors have any type of quality issues? It could also be that we just have a faulty cartridge. Let me know the results. Good Luck!
*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*
08-12-2012 09:00 PM - edited 08-12-2012 09:12 PM
I printed a project, and then the next thing I printed was a receipt. The receipt was off color, after investigation I discover the Cyan is not printing at all. I used the Solution Center to clean and then I manually cleaned the printhead and the contacts inside. It didn't help. What do I do? I changed the Cyan Cartridge with a new one. The other Cyan cartridge I replaced was HP and according to the Solution Center was more than 1/4 full. Like I said the project I just finished came out fine, it was medium size and the very next thing I printed was a receipt...which was exactly when the trouble started. I am guess that what ever mechanism transfers the Cyan to the printhead is not functioning. That certainly seems to be the case, so what is cheaper buy a new unit or repair?
Hp 8500 pro wireless
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series