Question

Student
crinierod
Message 1 of 3 (652 Views)

cyan not printing

HP officejet 8500 all-in-one printer not printing cyan, have changed cartridge, done all cleaning of printheads, aligned, and still not cyan

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 3 (649 Views)

Re: cyan not printing

Hello Crinierod,

Thanks for the post.  I've included a link below with some excellent t-shooting information on print quality issues.  Since you've already isolated it to the cyan cartridge, just a couple things to check.  HP supplies?  If you remove the cartridge, is all of the shipping tape removed?  Is it possible that there may be some remaining tape on the bottom of the cartridge?  Does the printer generate any kind of error message when you re-install the cartridge?

Do any of the other colors have any type of quality issues?  It could also be that we just have a faulty cartridge.  Let me know the results.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02208875&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Student
thekenoguy
Message 3 of 3 (629 Views)

Re: cyan not printing

[ Edited ]

I printed a project, and then the next thing I printed was a receipt.  The receipt was off color, after investigation I discover the Cyan is not printing at all.  I used the Solution Center to clean and then I manually cleaned the printhead and the contacts inside.  It didn't help. What do I do?  I changed the Cyan Cartridge with a new one.  The other Cyan cartridge I replaced was HP and according to the Solution Center was more than 1/4 full.  Like I said the project I just finished came out fine, it was medium size and the very next thing I printed was a receipt...which was exactly when the trouble started. I am guess that what ever mechanism transfers the Cyan to the printhead is not functioning.  That certainly seems to be the case, so what is cheaper buy a new unit or repair?

Hp 8500 pro wireless

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation