03-25-2013 09:06 PM
HP didnt have one for windows 7, so i highly doublt you will EVER get one from them for windows 8.
my advice, dont bother buying HP printers anymore, as hp are incapable of keeping up with new technology.
They will not give you an answer or a solution as their aim is for you to give up and buy a new A3 HP printer.
Also the HP print and scan doctor does nothing but refer you back to the driver website, which is missing the driver download.(again dont bother with it)
03-25-2013 10:44 PM
There is a Deskjet 1220c driver written by HP and supplied through Windows Update for both Windows 7 and Windows 8. The Deskjet 1220c driver is compatible with the Deskjet 1280.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series